Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, I am trying to hook up multiple 5 pin rockers switches. Can some one show me a simple diagram on how to do it?

One another note, what and where is a good wire to tap into for my new rocker switches to be illuminated when the ignition is on?

I have a 1999 TJ by the way
Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
If they are 5 pin, it sounds like they are double pole double throw switches. There are multiple ways to hook them up depending on what you are trying to accomplish.

If you are just trying to turn a light on/off, you would only be using 2 pins or maybe 3 if they are set up so that they are back lit with the rest of your instrument panel. If you want them to do something like turn on 1 light in the up position, 2 lights in the down position, off in the middle position, then the wiring gets a little more complicated.

You need to provide a little more info on the design of the switch itself and what you are using it for in order to get a specific answer.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
This is typical for 5 wire switches.

Normally the light called lower would be for illumination when the lights are on & you could tap into the orange wire behind the HVAC panel. If you really want them on when the key is on you could tap into red/dark green wire (from fuse 8) behind the panel or from any fuse that only has power when the key is on.

The upper light will be on only when the switch is on, usually called the indicator light.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wire kit with no instructions

Thank you Rubi. But these are the items I have 2 rockers and the harness. If yall can give me any kind of help on what wires connect where that would be great!
Such as 1st pic where does the yellow wire go, the thick black one on the right of pic 1 go,
pic 2 is an inline fuse wire that is a stand alone wire
and pic 3 are the 2 5 pin rockers.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
What is the application for these switches? And why aren't you contacting the manufacturer about not sending instructions with their product? I would not be installing without proper instructions and a warranty!
The wiring in a Jeep already leaves much to be desired and you want to wire these in. Do yourself a favor and don't!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts