Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a recent day trip to Silver Lake I managed to rip my back Warn Rock Crawler bumper completely off trying to pull someone (brother-in-law) off test hill. I know it was a bad move on my part so take it easy on me about that. I bought my 2001 TJ with the bumper on it already. Now I see that it was held on with only 4 bolts, 2 on each of the outermost ends of the bumper. Before I put a new bumper on it I need someone to straighten the corner back out. The drivers side outer end of where the bumper bolts on bent out about 30 degrees or so. It looks like the body mount bolt on that corner is slightly bent as well. Does anyone know of someone who has experience with jeep body work who will get me back in a condition where I can get another bumper on my Jeep? I hope to find someone who is reasonably priced and as close as possible to the Muskegon area.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I would call Rich at 4xFours in Fruitport. You need more than just a body guy, you need a frame/fabrication guy.

And FYI if you are going to use a bumper mounted recovery point (or the bumper itself) instead of a frame mounted recovery point there are several companies that sell a tie-in kit that connects the frame through that rear cross member to the bumper. That way everything is good and solid. I think was from M.O.R.E. and ran less than $50 with the grade 8 hardware included.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts