Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first post here...Used to have an 89 Cherokee and then a 98 TJ. Went on to other cars/trucks/SUVs and tomorrow I may be picking up a 2016 Rubicon with just about every option. Tried to find the forum I used to frequent in the 90's/2000's but can't find it. At the time, it was the most active forum, anyone know what it was called? Driving me crazy that I can't find it. Maybe the forums look so updated now, I just can't recognize it...I have switched to Gmail since then so I can't search for username/password.

Anyway, I'm wondering what Mopar accessories I should ask the dealer to throw in or heavily discount. I was thinking rubber floor mats, mud flaps, rear rubber cargo mat, and roof liners. Or should I go aftermarket? Anything else I should ask for?

Thanks! :iamhappy:

·
Registered
216 Posts
slush mats should be easy but the headliner's might be harder. If they don't budge, you can always buy them on Amazon for roughly $230 (vs $500 at the dealer).

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
My Rubicon came with Mopar slush mats for free. I bought the rear cargo mat on Amazon for about $60. The door sills are nice and were $28. That's the only Mopar accessories I'd use. Mud flaps on a Jeep? Eeeewwww.

·
Premium Member
1,563 Posts
Something every new Jeep should come with are the MOPAR Door Sill Scuff Guards. Not expensive, but I bloody well can't reckon why they are not standard equipment.

·
Super Moderator
10,628 Posts
All good mentions.

The Mopar accessories I especially like are:

- Door sill guards
- Slush mats
- Headliners
- Fuel door

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Grab handles? We got them to "Steal them" off another jeep on the lot. Slush mats and rear cargo slush mat as well. He tried to find some freedom panel storage bags but couldn't.

Didn't think about the hat.

How about one of those kits they throw in with the hard rocks? May have some of them sitting around.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Something every new Jeep should come with are the MOPAR Door Sill Scuff Guards. Not expensive, but I bloody well can't reckon why they are not standard equipment.
Because they cause the door seals to leak (especially during water fording). My doors didn't leak until I put the sill guards on. Took them off, threw them right in the trash, and now my doors don't leak. YMMV depending upon how you actually use your vehicle.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I second the fuel door and the grab handles. No need for the rubber cargo mat. Just flip the carpet one over and voila!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Because they cause the door seals to leak (especially during water fording). My doors didn't leak until I put the sill guards on. Took them off, threw them right in the trash, and now my doors don't leak. YMMV depending upon how you actually use your vehicle.

I have them on my 2dr soft top and haven't had any leaking issues. Sat in the rain all last night and I check this morning, everything was bone dry.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I have them on my 2dr soft top and haven't had any leaking issues. Sat in the rain all last night and I check this morning, everything was bone dry.
As I stated, YMMV. Report back after your next deep water fording.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
slush mats, fuel door, full tanka gas

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks, didn't think about the sill guards, grab handles, fuel door, and hat. I will try to get those "packaged" in.

Did anyone else's new (2016) Rubicon come with AT tires? Every new Rubicon I saw there came with AT tires. I might prefer this anyway since this will be my daily driver.

·
Registered
849 Posts
The Mopar front bumper skid would be nice. Then the cheap plastic front air dam can be pulled and tossed.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yea, I was gonna say the rubber mats, headliner, grab handles, maybe fuel cover if thats your thing.

·
Registered
86 Posts
A Rubicon will come with grab handles. I'd get door sills and slush mats as both protect your Jeep. I'm not really sure what the purpose of the fuel door is? (none?)

FWIW, I'd negotiate the sale price and finance rate (if you're getting a loan) before accessories. Save those for when you're happy with the deal and want to push just a little bit further. :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
A Rubicon will come with grab handles. I'd get door sills and slush mats as both protect your Jeep. I'm not really sure what the purpose of the fuel door is? (none?)

FWIW, I'd negotiate the sale price and finance rate (if you're getting a loan) before accessories. Save those for when you're happy with the deal and want to push just a little bit further. :)

Totaly agree with this. Let accessories be icing in the cake.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I'm not really sure what the purpose of the fuel door is? (none?)
For those that live in cold/winter weather areas, the fuel door keeps snow and other crud from filling the gas cap area. When you're in freezing temps and need to fill up, you'll appreciate having the fuel door.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I like the slush mat for the cargo area because it covers the plastic part on the floor. For some reason, the stock one doesn't cover it. I'm also getting the Mopar hood lock.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts