Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my jeep decided not to start on me so I've been having to jump start it from time to time took it to an autozone, the battery was bad so I bought a new one but the problem kept happening took it to a shop and they told me the starter and alternator are good and they couldn't find what was wrong with it and again this situation kept happening, a friend found a forum saying the it was a safety switch problem that once I put it in neutral it could would, giving my jeep is an automatic so i did it and it turned on but I don't want to end up messing my transmission so does anyone know exactly what I can do or know anyone that might know how to fix the problem and not to expensive

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
If the problem is the Transmission Range Sensor, it's located on top of the transmission valve body. A professional shop would have to take care of it since the valve body has to be removed.

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
Actually the problem is bad engine ground due to age, which affects the neutral safety switch. I have fixed many of these.
Run a 4gauge wire from the battery Negative terminal to the alternator bracket bolt. Problem solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33,936 Posts
Actually the problem is bad engine ground due to age, which affects the neutral safety switch. I have fixed many of these.
Run a 4gauge wire from the battery Negative terminal to the alternator bracket bolt. Problem solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
X2 that worked for me a few years back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts