Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my first real mod was these Olympic tube doors. I selected them for three reasons. 1. My wife insisted on doors b/c of the kids and 2 they were the cheapest for all four doors plus mirrors. 3. they were the most open like having no doors;)

Well, that didn't fly very far.

The wife wanted netting on them. Well, Olympic only makes this netting for the doors that resembles something along the line of fish-net stockings. So I set out to make my own.

First I went to JoAn fabrics and found this strap materials and grommets and just started laying it out. Pretty simple. Time in about 2 hrs total

Attachments

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Nice job! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
when the kids get into boosters, you can install Corbeau 3/4 point harnesses for going doorless. Thats what a friend of mine and I did to ours. That way there is no way they will fall out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when the kids get into boosters, you can install Corbeau 3/4 point harnesses for going doorless. Thats what a friend of mine and I did to ours. That way there is no way they will fall out.
Awesome idea. I believe that's what I'll be doing. In a few years :/

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Here is how they look after I installed my trek armor seat covers.

ForumRunner_20150615_110927.jpg

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Were they difficult to install? Looks good
The seat covers, not too bad. plastic bag trick works well.

The seat belts, nope, super easy. used the bolts under the seat for the front portion and the retraction portion to the outer most rear seat bolts.

·
Registered
121 Posts
So my first real mod was these Olympic tube doors. I selected them for three reasons. 1. My wife insisted on doors b/c of the kids and 2 they were the cheapest for all four doors plus mirrors. 3. they were the most open like having no doors;)

Well, that didn't fly very far.

The wife wanted netting on them. Well, Olympic only makes this netting for the doors that resembles something along the line of fish-net stockings. So I set out to make my own.

First I went to JoAn fabrics and found this strap materials and grommets and just started laying it out. Pretty simple. Time in about 2 hrs total
I'm glad I'm not the only one who uses the kids car seat to carry beer :beerdrinking:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts