Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, just paid 1600 and got this beauty delivered. 1986 no rust anywhere! and a spare v6 driveline!
Guy bought it thinking he could complete someone elses build. the original owner installed a 4.3 with chevy trans, and diff. package. motor would turn but not start. i tested fuel psi and was only 35' I dropped tank and put a 50$ advance auto 100psi pump and vrooomm she lives. lots of work left (drive shafts, wires and what not but its not my first car build so it shouldn't be too bad. I'm new to jeep tech though and looking under this thing I see all sorts of stuff; like the orig. fab master has moved the front spring shackles in both directions and re-welded must me new set of springs- can y'all help discern what I got here? from what I was told they were going soa both ends and the guy I bought it from changed the front to sua and the rear is still setup as soa but i think i am going to put that back as i can see that other than spring perches welded on there is bunches to do. what has got me is what is the reason they did the front axle spring work for and is it a good thing? the welding looks decent although I was not to happy to see the brackets all cut off a stock extra clean frame :(
I'm going to be bugging you guys during this build with whats and nots as far as getting the suspension back together (missing bolts and washers everywhere in both ends) and more things as the project get rolling. I been a lurker for a long time and now its time to get active .

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
any idea what i could sell the entire complete extra v6 vortec package for ? its under 100k and in complete with ecu and trans,diff etc?

·
Super Moderator
12,698 Posts
Does your Jeep have round or rectangular headlamps?

·
Registered
878 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts