Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
New to the CJ world - I made an impulse buy a few weeks back off ebay when I saw this running "project" had no bids

After the local mechanic sorted out the CJ (304 with a mild cam needed carb adjusted and timing, new speedo cable, break lights fixed, etc...)

Our mechanic did notice some play in the steering shaft, and it looks to be a homemade piece. Based on these pics can anyone chime in to how different it looks vs. stock? I am looking for replacement parts but my guess is that its based on steering column? any input is appreciated!

http://www.dropbox.com/sh/94f4yrnz4...Ea7Q1Bz-a?dl=0

the first pic is looking at the shaft. the second is under the vehicle looking at it going to the steering box. I didn't' realize the quality was so bad in the pic so apologies

any insight?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyway - here is some other pics on info with the hulk https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0lyq4xcy1fmzc54/AAAJ1DfIk26r5R0DrJNZrcaXa?dl=0

- 304 with mild cam
- rebuilt 3 speed
- 4 inch lift (no clue what kind or what brand - anyone want to help me figure it out?)... the steering/lift/ and body mounts are super janky
- 31/10.5r15 BFG all-terrains on Mickey Thompsons
- Tuffy Storage Lockers

·
Registered
6 Posts
I see it's been an avalanche of responses... Your shocks are BDS Fox units, so I'd say its a fair guess that the whole shebang is BDS? I'd say that CJ is crying out for 33 x 12.50s! Between the 10" wide wheels, and the 4" lift, those 31s look out of place. Nice Jeep overall though.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the reply. i have been able to figure a few things out on the lift.

- normal body mounts
- BDS fox suspension - size???
- homemade shackle lift (leaf springs don't fit great and "W")
- unknown "steering stabilizer" brand or ability

the big wonky part is the play in the steering shaft. there is a lot of play in the shaft and its a custom homemade piece to work with the steering column.

so far no shops will make a new one for me so the search continues :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts