Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Within the last month "sometimes" when i go to start my jeep its starts but its not right it sound like its not firing in the right order. Sometime if you leave it it will work itself out but most the time im afraid to keep it running. So i stop it and try it again , and agian until it starts properly its a putting sound but sporadic and its sound out of order what could it be?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Kinda Sorta too

My 98 TJ 2.5 makes a wierd sound on a cold start only. It sounds like one of my spark plugs is very loose and sounds like air was "whooshing out" on the compression stroke. (pfffft) I checked all (4) plugs and all are tight. When it's warmed up, no noise. I have a new cap N rotor on it too. It's a mystery.....lol

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Within the last month "sometimes" when i go to start my jeep its starts but its not right it sound like its not firing in the right order. Sometime if you leave it it will work itself out but most the time im afraid to keep it running. So i stop it and try it again , and agian until it starts properly its a putting sound but sporadic and its sound out of order what could it be?
i had a similar problem with my 98 tj 4.0L, i googled the firing order and found i had two plug wires backwards. switched them and it has been fine since then.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts