Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I upgraded my 97 TJ SE that i bought a few months ago with a 2000 TJ sport. Its got the I6 4.0 and 31" tires, im not sure of the gearing or axels because its too cold to be laying in the snow to find out. Now for the real fun, i thought that it would be easyer to have a thread for any problems that come up instead of starting a new one everytime i find something new.
So far the wiper on the rear window for the hard top does not work, any ideas would be helpful. the seats dont tumble like they should, but i found a thread on how to fix that. and the major problem i found last night driving to work was that the brake lights dont work. I knew the 3rd light over the tire didnt but assumed that the other two did, but i was wrong. so far i have checked the ground wire and the switch at the pedel. any other ideas for how to fix it. I really dont want a ticket.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I would start with the bulbs. Just replace them anyway. Next I would look into the headlight switch. Hope this helps but I'm sure you will get some more suggestions.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have replaced the bulbs, the tail lights come on with the light switch, but dont get brighter when the brake pedel is pushed down

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Check the brake light switch.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
It may be bad. Check it with a meter?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, after pulling the switch and testing it everyday possible with a meter ( I was not sure of the correct thing to test ) and cleaning all the contacts I got it working. Then for good measure put a zip tie around the switch to keep it snug. Thanks for all the help.
Does anyone know what I can use to re-glue the little plastic guard on the door jam? Something that will work in freezing conditions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts