Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He is my build. Nothing real exciting, but it has been fun over the last few months. This is my 6th Jeep, but first JK. Kids were getting bigger and needed a real back seat. Really like it so far.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
Nice! Is that 35's on a 2.5"?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup....2.5" TeraFlex lift on Goodyear Duratracs. Very happy with the DT's
16" Ultra wheels
Barricade front bumper.....love it. Best bumper for the $
Barricade 9000# winch....works good so far...not used a ton
Rear bumper is a Smittybuilt I think... Got it off CL for $250 with the tire carrier
Same for the rock rails...CL purchase
Headlights.....Trucklights. nice, but not really sure they are worth the $
Did the LED fog light swap....just ok. I like how all the lights match tho
Just added LED interior lights today.....huge difference
LED backup lights
Plasti-Dip front grill with gutter guard inserts....love the look for the price
Re-mounted the rear license plate with LED lights and LED 3rd brake light
Kenwood xd570hd head unit....love it. Added back-up camera
The speaker mods listed here on JWF....worth every penny. Sounds great for the $
Ordering Katzkin leather for the seats tomorrow
Still need to put on the 50" upper windshield LED light
Just did Synergy ball joints and replaced rod ends

This is my 6th Wrangler. First JK, really like it but wish it had more power...my only real complaint. Nice having the extra room. It's not a DD, but getting close. I really enjoy driving it.

Lots of really good info here on WF.....huge help

·
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
6,005 Posts
He is my build. Nothing real exciting, but it has been fun over the last few months. This is my 6th Jeep, but first JK. Kids were getting bigger and needed a real back seat. Really like it so far.
Nice build! You can always squeeze a little more power out of it with a Super Charger! :happyyes:

In all seriousness though, what gears are in it? With the 35's you might consider gears to get some pep back in it.

Side note: Do you run a Spec Miata? My buddy was trying to get me into one. It looked like a lot of fun.

-Ryan

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have 373 gears....been thinking about the gear thing. What do you recommend? I drive a ton. Highway and city. Stop and go all day. Light off road...will be doing more this spring and summer.

As for Spec Miata......what a freaking hoot. People can laugh and say you race a chic car...and yes that's true. BUT....I will put up a good Spec Miata driver against anyone in almost any car. Being low powered, it's a momentum thing. You cant afford to get on the gas late or your toast. Miss an apex by a foot...back you go. You have to learn to be a good driver to be competitive. To me, the class has gotten out of control. When you are spending 35k to be up front....that's a ton for a chic car. The competition is second to none...7-8 guys nose to tail for 28-30 laps is a huge rush. If you want to learn to be a good driver, its a great place to start. I have seen many people that can drive well in other classes step in and just get smoked. I converted my Spec Miata to an ITA Miata...just lets me do more with ECU, suspension and things like that. You should try it...you can rent cars relatively cheap to try it out. Road racing is addicting as crack. It's an expensive bug to catch......kinda like a dang Jeep.

·
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
6,005 Posts
I have 373 gears....been thinking about the gear thing. What do you recommend? I drive a ton. Highway and city. Stop and go all day. Light off road...will be doing more this spring and summer.

As for Spec Miata......what a freaking hoot. People can laugh and say you race a chic car...and yes that's true. BUT....I will put up a good Spec Miata driver against anyone in almost any car. Being low powered, it's a momentum thing. You cant afford to get on the gas late or your toast. Miss an apex by a foot...back you go. You have to learn to be a good driver to be competitive. To me, the class has gotten out of control. When you are spending 35k to be up front....that's a ton for a chic car. The competition is second to none...7-8 guys nose to tail for 28-30 laps is a huge rush. If you want to learn to be a good driver, its a great place to start. I have seen many people that can drive well in other classes step in and just get smoked. I converted my Spec Miata to an ITA Miata...just lets me do more with ECU, suspension and things like that. You should try it...you can rent cars relatively cheap to try it out. Road racing is addicting as crack. It's an expensive bug to catch......kinda like a dang Jeep.
The gearing charts definitely look different for the 3.8 than the 3.6.

Since you're doing a lot of stop and go I would stick numerically higher in the range on the chart. That'll give you the most drive-ability in the traffic lights, even if it takes a MPG off the top.

That sounds like the blast. I love the idea of it being driver vs driver and less about the cars. Definitely makes it a good place to learn how to drive. I'll have to look into it more!

-Ryan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts