Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first Wrangler and I have some pretty big plans down the line for it! I have had a few other Jeeps but always wanted a Wrangler. It was like a dream come true when I bought it a few weeks ago! I have done a few little things so far so I'll try to cover all of those up to this point.

I don't have a nickname for it yet. If anyone has any good idea's I'm open to suggestions!

What it looked like when I got it
2015-01-27 13.03.40.jpg

Daystar upper dash panel and an old JVC headunit i had laying around. At some point i want to upgrade it to a double din headunit.
mmexport1421009384788.jpg

Replaced the stock tail lights for LED's. The left is the LED vs the stock on the right. Great ebay purchase! I ordered interiors LED's as well and will be putting them in this week.
2015-01-27 08.59.54.jpg

Yep, air intake!
2015-01-27 13.16.26.jpg

Upgrade from the stock 255/75R17 wrangler sr-a's that were on it. These are general grabber at2's at 265/70R17
2015-01-27 13.15.50.jpg

More to come! :iamhappy:

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Hey Weav38887

Great looking Jeep! Looking forward to seeing the Jensen installed. You have to love trying to do mods like stereo installs in the winter. Brrrrrrrrr!

See you around,
Jase

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Weav38887

Great looking Jeep! Looking forward to seeing the Jensen installed. You have to love trying to do mods like stereo installs in the winter. Brrrrrrrrr!

See you around,
Jase

Hey Jase, thank you for the compliment! Yeah, the northeast ohio winter sucks! We are supposed to get 8-10 inches of snow today. Hopefully doing the Jensen install next weekend.

·
Commercial Member
225 Posts
I really like all the mods you are doing. DIY mods are the best mods.

Quick question, how did you do the LED footwell lights?

Also, where did you get your LED's?

Especially for the dome light.

Thank you!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really like all the mods you are doing. DIY mods are the best mods.

Quick question, how did you do the LED footwell lights?

Also, where did you get your LED's?

Especially for the dome light.

Thank you!!

Yeah, I really enjoy getting my hands dirty and learning about things as I'm doing them.

I have gotten all of my LED's off of ebay.

The LED's in the footwells came in a strip of 30 LED's with a hot and negative wire on both ends. You can cut the strip after any 3 LED clusters. I cut it right down the middle so I had 15 and 15. They also have a sticky "3m" back to them.

I didn't want them to be on all the time so I decided to tie them into the lights that come on in the cab with the running lights. I removed the center dash pieces and then unclipped a couple of the wiring harnesses. I grounded the negative wire and inserted the hot wire into the harnesses until I found one that worked when I turned the lights on and off. The one I found was actually in the harness for the power windows. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions!

Here is the link to the LED's I put in the footwells.
2X New Blue LED Footwell Interior LED Strip 2x12 Underdash Bulbs SMD X3 | eBay

The LED's I got are here:
2X New Blue LED Footwell Interior LED Strip 2x12 Underdash Bulbs SMD X3 | eBay

These are the reverse LED's:
2X 3157 White 6000K Back Up Reverse Projector CREE 12 SMD Chip LED Lights Bulbs | eBay

·
Registered
29 Posts
How do you like the general grabbers? my JKU is a stock daily driver (for now), with some light weekend wheeling. Wanted your opinion on how well they perform on highway. Thanks!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How do you like the general grabbers? my JKU is a stock daily driver (for now), with some light weekend wheeling. Wanted your opinion on how well they perform on highway. Thanks!

So far, I love these tires. They have a great look to them and perform very well. I drive about 40 miles a day on the highway and there is no tread noise at all from them. They have not been off road yet but they have been through a lot of snow and rain and they have done great in both conditions. With the Wrangler SR-A's, the back end would occasionally slide in the snow on the highway but the Grabbers bite hard and have had no issues.

Plus, I don't think you can find a better tire in the price range IMO.

:iamhappy:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Repainted the interior pieces this weekend. Whoever did it before, used a blue that was close to the deep water blue but not quite the same color. Needless to say, my OCD got the best of me and had to repaint them.

In this pic you can kinda see the difference in color between the vent ring and the door.
2015-03-01 11.32.26.jpg

Here is the paint that I got. MOPAR deep water blue.
2015-03-01 11.31.58.jpg

Finished product. I decided to paint the grab handle just to give it a little more character.
microMsg.1425221901070.jpg

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
I'm planning on doing my hinges as soon as it warms up a bit. Did you take the tape off right after the final coat? Do you open/close the doors sooner than later or let them sit for awhile? Lookin' Great!

I also plan to do the muffler and already got the tow hooks painted Anvil to match the rig.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm planning on doing my hinges as soon as it warms up a bit. Did you take the tape off right after the final coat? Do you open/close the doors sooner than later or let them sit for awhile? Lookin' Great!

I also plan to do the muffler and already got the tow hooks painted Anvil to match the rig.
Thanks for the comment!

I pretty much followed another guys post off of another forum:
How to Plastidip your Door Hinges and Jeep Emblem - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

This was my first time using plastidip and it was no where near perfect but I still think it turned out great.

I took the tape off about an hour after my final coat. Some of it peeled off the hinges as I was peeling the tape off and I was trying to be as careful as possible. However, I held a piece of newspaper flush to what peeled off and shot it again. Then just wiped off the little bit of over spray. The Jeep logo and emblem peeled off perfectly though. I don't think I actually opened the doors for like 3-4 hours after I did it. Not for any particular reason, just didn't need to move the jeep. I think it would have been fine opening it an hour after it dried.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Thanks for the comment!

I pretty much followed another guys post off of another forum:
How to Plastidip your Door Hinges and Jeep Emblem - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

This was my first time using plastidip and it was no where near perfect but I still think it turned out great.

I took the tape off about an hour after my final coat. Some of it peeled off the hinges as I was peeling the tape off and I was trying to be as careful as possible. However, I held a piece of newspaper flush to what peeled off and shot it again. Then just wiped off the little bit of over spray. The Jeep logo and emblem peeled off perfectly though. I don't think I actually opened the doors for like 3-4 hours after I did it. Not for any particular reason, just didn't need to move the jeep. I think it would have been fine opening it an hour after it dried.
Thanks! can't wait to check it out

1 - 20 of 31 Posts