Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded in an 8 cylinder F150 for my '10 Islander some time ago, and I gotta say that I'm not that disappointed in the power of the 3.8. As long as the tranny (the real weakness) keeps the engine in the sweet spot, it's got plenty of power for me. I've even towed my 8x8 snowmobile trailer loaded with no problems. Besides, I like to cruise.Vroom!

S

·
Really liking the Jeep...
1,956 Posts
If you are happy now, just look into the tons of mods for that setup, wow.
Tons of stuff.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Not sure about "ridiculous" fast, but if you're happy... :)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kb, so fast my head spins. Sick fast.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I agree, my 2011 has got plenty of get-up-and-go, especially if you keep it around 3000 rpm. After all, I'm not trying to street race here, or do burnouts :facepalm: :rofl:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
0-60 is somewhere around 3.5 seconds. Well, at least I think so. It's so hard to pay attention when rocking out!

S

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Kb, so fast my head spins. Sick fast.
:rofl:

0-60 is somewhere around 3.5 seconds. Well, at least I think so. It's so hard to pay attention when rocking out!

S
Okay, this is dreaming. I've got a motorcycle that'll go 0-60 in just under that time. Trust me, man. You're almost twice that.

Not meaning to burst your bubble, but I mean, c'mon...

Had trouble typing this, through my laughter. Glad you like it, though. And yeah, perception really is 9/10th's of reality. :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
thinkxingu said:

S
My SRT8 Cherokee does it in 3 seconds so I don't think it's that fast. Well technically it's my dad's but what's his is mine, right?

·
Premium Member
10,064 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I blew away an Audi R8 today. After a mile and a half, I was seven car lengths ahead. It's important to choose lanes carefully, in traffic.

S

·
Premium Member
10,064 Posts
I blew away an Audi R8 today. After a mile and a half, I was seven car lengths ahead. It's important to choose lanes carefully, in traffic.

S
Does the "S" in your sig stand for Supercharged? ....

·
Registered
94 Posts
Are you sure your talking about a 3.8,sounds like something is weird here,i got rid of my 2011 because i was tired of putting my foot to the floor every time it got windy out.You should drive a 2013 jku it will feel like a top fuel dragster to you.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Fermin94 said:
My SRT8 Cherokee does it in 3 seconds so I don't think it's that fast. Well technically it's my dad's but what's his is mine, right?
Yours srt8 does not do 0-60 in 3 seconds corvette zr1 isn't even at 3 flat c'mon man.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
I can do 0 to moving in 3 seconds

·
Premium Member
10,064 Posts

S
I would like to add that it's important to tell your opponent you're racing them... otherwise the other racers are classified DNS and the race never happened.

Minor detail...

1 - 20 of 172 Posts