Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Safeway to pickup some food, and when I tried to start her up, nothing would happen. Radio turned on, instrument panel lit up but that was it. It was dead. not even a whisper from the solenoid.

Door locks would not unlock or lock with the key buttons. I went back into the store and bought new batteries. Replaced them and that did nothing. Opened the car door after unlocking the old fashion way only to set off the alarm. Could not turn it off. eventually it timed out.

Just so happens 3 weeks ago, I bought the max care lifetime warranty. They came, they towed, they ordered parts and I should have it back tomorrow. Out of pocket for me 100.00

Oh they say the problem is the wireless control module.

Just thought I would share.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Let us know if that turns out to be the correct fix.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have heard dodge has issues with their modules, my sisters avengers keys wont work every once and a while and its always that module...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So here is the latest.

Dealer called me to say the module replaced under warranty but I would need new keys at 175.00 each and not covered by warranty.

Needless to say, I called Chrysler and opened up a case. Mainly saying a defective item under warranty directly made another item not under warranty inoperable.

They offered to pay for the keys as a courtesy. I was really hoping to get the point across that if an item was broken directly by a part under warranty, it should cover all cascading failures due to the faulty part.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts