Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has happened to me a few times now, I pull in somewhere (jeep is working great), shut it off and go do my thing. I get back in the Jeep and put the key in the ignition and turn it, and nothing! Lights work, horn will work, radio plays, but the jeep will not even turn over. No click, no nothing. I then tried to remote start it and the message in the dash said remote start disabled. In the past, if I let it sit for a while, it would fire right up and no more problems for quite a while. I have had the Jeep for three years now, and this is the fourth time that it has done this. Tonight, I unhooked the battery for a minute or so and re-hooked it back up and still nothing. Pissed is an understatement. Anyone ever have this problem? And if so, how do I fix it?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Are you still running the original battery?

My 2014 just did a random no start yesterday. I am at 3 years and about 36k mikes.

It's been fine today.

Still I think with the newer computer controlled vehicles your either going to get crank or no crank depending on the battery condition. Not like in the old days where you could get by a few days or weeks with a low battery slow crank.

I've had lots of different vehicles, not uncommon for factory batteries to only last 3 years.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've experienced the exact same issue on my 2015 JKU. Sometimes I wiggle the gear shift (auto) and the thing starts up and sometimes its just magic and starts after a few failed attempts. I've often thought it was a battery failing in the key fob or a transmission linkage adjustment issue, but since it keeps starting and hasn't stranded me as of yet, I'll just keep going forward.

If you do solve the issue, please post the solution.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts