Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in the process of ordering a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara.

We got everything entered in to order but the dealership then told me that the factory (Jeep) has a hold on all leather seats. Currently only cloth seats can be ordered.

Does anyone have any insite on this? Or when is this going to be back in production?

I'm kinda bummed out because of the delay. I wanted to start driving the JKU asap! :D

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Leather is on restriction right now... I ordered leather a few days ago, but I don't what it means. It might help if it is a "sold order"....maybe....

·
Registered
205 Posts
When I ordered mine last month, there was a restriction on leather/auto combinations. It didn't matter that it was a sold order, they were restricted until the 12th of Sept, so my order didn't actually go in until that day.

I assume this is the same type of thing...even if it's a sold order, it's on restriction, so you have to wait until the restriction is lifted for the order to be allowed. I could be wrong though... :)

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Well heck....if leather is on restriction, I still have time to change my order.

I can't tell if I beat restriction by a day. My POC (Priced Order Confirmation) shows a pinkish "highlight" type block at the bottom that says "restriction"...but nothing on my order is actually highlighted as restricted.

If it is going to be delayed....that may give me time to see what shakes out with the Moab or Freedom Edition.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I got the stock leather in my 2014 JK. It is worth the wait.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
I got the stock leather in my 2014 JK. It is worth the wait.
Either you are future man....or you will be waiting a long time. :rofl:

·
Registered
178 Posts
How do you tell about these restrictions? I ordered a JK wrangler sahara with leather and auto on 9/25, and it shows that it will unloaded from railcar on 10/25. didnt see anything about restrictions or order on hold.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts