Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought id start this early and give a pre-story as im going to pick up my new 2015 JK from the dealer hopefully this week!!

Im a young jeeper being only 18. But my first vehicle was a 2003 wrangler x 5 speed 4 banger :). I loved my jeep to death. My dad and I would always go to jeep events or 4 wheel drive fests. Had many many memories in the old jeep. My dad races quads, and the class he raced they got rid of so we all (sadly) came to an agreement to sell the jeep and Id take my moms old car until I found a new vehicle.

So I was now the driver of a 2009 Ford Escape Xlt. And let me tell you... You don't get many jeep waves back in a Ford Escape LOL :). Bein the jeeper I am. I actually put a 1.25" lift on it with terrain tires. Became my little project I started... And that sadly ended too.

12-26-14 the day after Christmas yes :(..
I was on my way home from my lovely girlfriends house as we celebrated our 1 year together. I was making a left at a light that I had a green arrow for a dominos pizza girl hit me doing about 65 in a 35. Totaled my car and sent both me and her to the ER. We both made it out ok as I had minor internal bleeding on my liver and she had cuts on her knees.

So here I am sitting there thinking what's next... Then my dad looked at me while I was on then i spiral bed and said "you know if you wanted a new jeep that bad you didn't have to total the car" and we laughed but that was that!!

I am now hopefully about to be an owner of a 2015 wrangler unlimited. At first the jk's didn't really catch my eye but now the 4 doors did and im excited to have one!

I already have a couple mods to put on the day I get it and I'll take pictures.

Wanted to post early incase anyone likes background stories and I'll continue to update this as I go.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Glad to hear you are OK! Not the most ideal way to get your Jeep, but like that your pops also has a sense of humor about it! Take care of yourself and enjoy the new JKU (once you have those keys)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got up bright and early and on my way to get my jeep!!!! Im so excited. I'll get some pictures later as im taking it in some cold wintery adventures!

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Glad to hear you are OK. Now on to that JKU, you will be very happy with it, when I was 18 I drove an 85 CJ7, It was the beginning of a long relationship with jeeps. Congrats!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here she is!!! After 5 hours at the dealer do to them being busy and lil mix ups. Jim Shorkeys if you're from the pittsburgh area is an amazing place. They hooked me up a bit and got me the prices I needed! We bought the 03 from there!

Now time to buy some 31's for it for now and looking into a couple different bumpers

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looking to keep same 32" size...but just get a thicker tire. Found Kenda Klever k29 tires. Have some meat to them, thinking of going with those, any thoughts?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm looking hard at the Kenda's also. I've heard good things. I've seen them in person only in passing in a grocery store parking lot but they looked good.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm looking hard at the Kenda's also. I've heard good things. I've seen them in person only in passing in a grocery store parking lot but they looked good.
Same here! they look really good and so far ive heard DECENT things. I mean im paying for the cheaper tires so i know they wont be the best but i think i might go with those!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Slowly but surely getting there!

Got 2" lift spacers and rusty shocks

Ordered 315/70r17 mastercraft courser mxts

Here's a picture of the 2" wheel spacers put on with stock wheels for fun because I'm inpatient

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Diode dynamic RGB halos installed!!!! absolutely love the turn out, and love all the colors it includes! heres a couple of my favorites

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts