Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My soft top sprung a leak last week and I can't figure out where the water is coming in. The driver side "B" post is soaked as well as the seatbelt all the way down to the floor. The carpet is soaked also. I can't find the source of the leak, any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
821 Posts
Not this leak?

There are quite a few leak threads/suggestions around. I gave up-lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope. Not that bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
266 Posts
Mine leaks too. The perks of soft tops. When you actually use the soft top the weather stripping wears. Just have to order a new set of weather stripping. There one above the A post and B post. Instead of ordering new stripping I just buy the big rolls for ACs and such at wal mart for like 5 bucks. Doesn't fit right but instead of paying whatever it is every year for the kit I pay 5 and I'm good with replacement for a couple years. Haha

·
Registered
821 Posts
I think you left the window open
It would probably be drier with it open-it drips directly on that flat spot and then "sprays" all over the place. I usually throw a towel on each side so the water flows down/out the floor but was missing a towel this morning. I at least kept the DS dry

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
It would probably be drier with it open-it drips directly on that flat spot and then "sprays" all over the place. I usually throw a towel on each side so the water flows down/out the floor but was missing a towel this morning. I at least kept the DS dry

You did remember to install the door surrounds, didn't you?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
821 Posts
You did remember to install the door surrounds, didn't you?

I don't see how it could be any worse w/o them-Iol

I have another top to throw on as the one I am running is a little long in the tooth at this point and in need of retirement.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I don't see how it could be any worse w/o them-Iol

I have another top to throw on as the one I am running is a little long in the tooth at this point and in need of retirement.

Yeah, that's the worst I've seen.

My 2011 gets a tiny bit in the floorboard if it pours all night, but I'm pretty sure it's because of the aftermarket door sills.

It did the same with the OEM top and the Bestop NX.

I'm talking about maybe a couple of ounces of water during an all night downpour, though.

·
Registered
282 Posts
should be under warranty, Call your dealership ASAP. That's what I'd do. It should be still under warranty a 2015. Good Luck!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts