Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would share what I am doing with my Tank.

First off, she came from the stealership with the following:

2015 JKU Sahara 4x4
Rubicon Express 3.5" Extreme-Duty Long Arm System
Toyo MT 35x12.5OR18 Open Country Tires
Metal Moto 18" MO961
Alpine Stereo System w/430N head unit

I want to replace bumpers, sidesteps, add LED's, replace radio, and the list goes on..... So here goes the start of my build.

First up are the bumpers. from e-AutoGrills

Before:

After: *Still shopping for the winch.

Talk about tight fit!!
http://www.wranglerforum.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

·
Registered
116 Posts
Wow, what a beauty! I'm sure you paid a pretty penny for those upgrades. Excited to see where else this will go.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Nice job! That Tank color is growing on me.

·
Registered
837 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, possibly? I will have to test. The reason I say this, is today is the first day that I drove with them - top down, but also added a SpiderWebShade, so not sure which one is whistling - but yes there is some added noise.

I will take the shade off tomorrow and drive around to see.....

The light bar is a 52" 300W AuxBeam from Fleabay....

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
any whistling or howling noise? Which leds did you get? I would hate if they cause noise.

So had a chance to drive around without the SpiderShade, and there is a little more wind noise than before... but it is not a howl or whistle... Besides I just crank up the tunes more :lmao:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Over the weekend I finished a few more additions....

First up were the hood and bumper LED's. I originally wasn't going to do the A pillar LED's but I got them at a good price so on they went, along with the hood LED's. I am still waiting on my sPOD to show - hopefully tomorrow.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Second project was to add a CB radio. I could not figure out where I wanted to install it. I did not want to bolt to the dash, under the dash, stash under the seat, etc.. What I wound up doing was attaching it to the speaker bar with a large lag bolt. I used the existing hole designed for securing the hardtop, so I did not have to drill any holes!! I routed all the cables along the inside padding of the roll bars. On the back I used a Rugged Ridge CB Mount, along with a Firestik antenna. The CB is a Cobra LX-29.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Can you post a pic of exactly how the cb is mounted along with the bolt? I am still trying to figure out where to mount my cb and this seems like a good spot. Thanks

Second project was to add a CB radio. I could not figure out where I wanted to install it. I did not want to bolt to the dash, under the dash, stash under the seat, etc.. What I wound up doing was attaching it to the speaker bar with a large lag bolt. I used the existing hole designed for securing the hardtop, so I did not have to drill any holes!! I routed all the cables along the inside padding of the roll bars. On the back I used a Rugged Ridge CB Mount, along with a Firestik antenna. The CB is a Cobra LX-29. http://www.wranglerforum.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
No offense but i dont see a big difference between the 2 pics maybe after you re aim them it will be more clear. I was going to invest in a light bar but at 1000 its super costly and from your pic I can't say i'd be happy spending a 1000 on that. Rig looks sweet though!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dallas, you can definitely tell a difference - the pics don't do it justice. But I also did not spend $1K on lights. I purchased them all from fleabay. I probably have a total of $900 for all of them, and that includes wire and the sPOD switch (which is $400)

I could not see paying $1K for one or two lights when I don't get to use them daily. Now if I crawled in the night daily, then yes I could see spending that kind on $$

Thanks

1 - 20 of 116 Posts