Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my Hard Rock since March 2015, below is the list of what I have done to it. Some parts haven't installed yet. Will try to get some pics added soon.

2015 Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock

• MOPAR Door Guards 4 door
  • Anntenna X 13"
  • sPOD 6 Switch Pannel Double LED
  • sPOD Bluetooth
  • OTRATTW Contura V Switches (6)
  • Front and Rear GraBars
  • RuggedTuff Dead Pedal Star
  • Putco LED Dome Light Kit - 980295
  • Rugged Ridge Hood Catches Black Aluminum
  • MetalCrafters Grill Inserts Stainless Steel Mesh Black
  • USA Flag with sleeve medium
  • AEV 2.5" lift
  • AEV Geometry brackets
  • AEV Procal
  • AEV Jack base
  • JKS Front Adjustable Track Bar
  • Rotopax 2 Gallon Water
  • XD Rockstar 2 Wheels with Nitto Trail Grappler 35"x12.5x17 -12 offset 4.5 backspacing and Spline Black Lug Nuts
  • Tuffy Security Underseat Box
  • Fox Racing Shox ATS Stabilizer
  • JW Speaker Evolution 8700 with JW Speaker Anti Flicker Harness
  • JW speaker 279J Tail Lights
  • Rigid Industries E2 50" LED Light Bar with Brackets and Covers
  • Rigid Industries Dually D2 Spot with white covers and A-Pillar Mount Kit
  • Rigid Industries SRQ Diffuser Rear LED
  • Rigid Industries E2 10" LED Bar and Cover
  • Banks Power Air Intake
  • MBRP Dual Axel Exhaust Stainless
  • Ceramic Pro Gold Package Lifetime at Driven Dynamics
  • MOPAR Cobra Radio Kit
  • Molle Springtail Rear Storage
  • Warn Winch Zeon 10s
  • Warn Standard Drum Hawse Fairlead - Polished Aluminum
  • Maximus-3 Winch Plate Kit with Red Hook Anchors and Filler Trim Plates
  • Maximus-3 Stinger Bar with LED Light Brackets
  • Maximus-3 Mag-Lite Mount
  • Maximus-3 Red D-Ring Loops
  • Maximus-3 Sport Tire Carrier
  • Maximus-3 Side Rotopax Mount and Pack Mount with Lock
  • Maximus-3 Hi-Lift Jack Mount
  • Maximus-3 Shovel Mount
  • Mag-Light ML300LX Flashlight
  • MyGig Lockpick Air with Backup Camera Kit
  • Hi-Lift Offroad Base
  • Hi-Lift Handle Keeper Red
  • Hi-Lift 48" Jack
  • Corona Shovel SS30030
  • Staun Offroad 4WD Tyre Deflators 6-30psi
  • Metalcloak Overland Aluminum Fenders Front
  • Metalcloak Overland Aluminum Fenders Rear
  • Metalcloak Aluminum Inner Fender Set
  • Metalcloak Exhaust Spacers
  • Metalcloak Rear Seat Support
  • Metalcloak Overland Rocker Kit Black Power Coated
  • Metalcloak Low Profile LED Marker Lights
  • War Pig Off Road Rear Seat Spacers
  • H3R HalGuard Model HG250R Red Fire Extinguisher
  • Drake Mount Clamps Large
  • Drake Quick Release Fire Extinguisher Mount
  • Drake Fire Extinguisher Floor Bracket Kit
  • ARB Air Compressor Pump Kit
  • Teraflex JK 2.5" Rear Swaybar End Links

·
Premium Member
3,080 Posts
Tak, that is quite an impressive list:thumb: Looking forward to some pics and your thoughts!

-Steven

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A few weeks after I took her home. Removed ugly antenna and replaced it with 13" antenna X, Mopar door sills, Rigid Industries Dually windshields LED and 50" E2 LED bar, Rugged Ridge hood locks Maximus-3 stinger, RI 10" LED along with Maximus-3 brackets, and sPOD with OTRATTW switches.

·
Premium Member
3,080 Posts
Tak, great seeing pics of your build! You've put together a really nice Hard Rock:thumb: Are your MC fenders on already?

-Steven

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tak, great seeing pics of your build! You've put together a really nice Hard Rock:thumb: Are your MC fenders on already?

-Steven
Thanks Steven, yes I have MC fenders on already, but I wanna start updating my build slowly just to have it looked like yours lol.... more to come. Remember, you have influenced me couple mods.

·
Premium Member
3,080 Posts
Thanks Steven, yes I have MC fenders on already, but I wanna start updating my build slowly just to have it looked like yours lol.... more to come. Remember, you have influenced me couple mods.
Alright, looking for this story to slowly unfold. I'll keep an eye on your thread!

-Steven

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Looks good. I'm looking forward to the fender and liner install!
Hurry up, please. :)

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After a few months, AEV 2.5" lift was on and 35" Nitto Grappler along with Rockstar 2 wheels and a few mods. Thank you Steven who made me getting the Banks air intake, Molle Springtails storage, and MBRP exhaust because of his excellent reviews. Also, thanks to asteve for the cutting board mod.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
If it's not too much trouble, I'd love to hear your thoughts on each of these items. :)
For instance, how are you liking the AEV lift? Did you install yourself?
What made you go for the stabilizer? Did you try without? I heard they weren't necessary for the AEV 2.5.
How's the exhaust sound? Any drone?
How's the intake sound? Around town? On the freeway?

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If it's not too much trouble, I'd love to hear your thoughts on each of these items. :)
For instance, how are you liking the AEV lift? Did you install yourself?
What made you go for the stabilizer? Did you try without? I heard they weren't necessary for the AEV 2.5.
How's the exhaust sound? Any drone?
How's the intake sound? Around town? On the freeway?
I like the AEV 2.5" so far and yes, I installed it myself with the help in this forum. I should have gone with the AEV 3.5" or maybe MC because I heard good things about it. Yes, I did try it without the stabilizer and the steering was kinda too soft when hit the bumps. Then I installed the FOX and adjusted firmer. I installed the intake first, and you can only hear it when you floor it hard, but the exhaust sounds great and not that loud either. Steven made a great video about it.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Awesome, thanks!
I have the AEV arriving tomorrow.
The AEV instructions seem pretty straight forward for the most part.
Any tips or anything I should be aware of that maybe isn't covered or isn't clear enough?
2.5" is plenty high enough for me. Even at that height I'm worried about the family getting in and out.

I'll look for that exhaust video. :)

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Awesome, thanks!
I have the AEV arriving tomorrow.
The AEV instructions seem pretty straight forward for the most part.
Any tips or anything I should be aware of that maybe isn't covered or isn't clear enough?
2.5" is plenty high enough for me. Even at that height I'm worried about the family getting in and out.

I'll look for that exhaust video. :)
Well..., only the front sway bar end link brackets that isn't clear in the instruction if you plan to install them. The driver side is installed inside, but the passenger side has to be installed outside facing the wheel. If you don't do this, your passenger side end link will not be straight and hard to install. I had the brackets on for awhile, but now I installed the Teraflex 2.5 rear end links and moved the rear stock end links to the front and got rid of the brackets. It's much nicer and flexed better. For the front shocks, you might have to trim the plastic guard on the passenger side to get more room. During my install, not sure why I lost one of the rubber bushings so I ended up using the stock one on both shocks and it was much easier than the AEV bushings anyway because they're thinner.

Did you get the Geometry brackets and Procal? Also, the front adjustable track bar? I used JKS, but Teraflex or MC are great too.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Thank you!
I did order the geo brackets and I already own the procal. I installed 34's the day I brought the jeep home. :)
I did not order a front track bar. I'll look into them.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Been very frustrating getting the Katzkin red leather and the dealer was trying to rip me off by installing the Roadwire brand and thought I did not know. Lucky, I was able to return them and found the factory 10A red leather. Here are some pics along with Cobra radio, JW speaker tail lights, Maximus-3 jack and shovel mounts, MC aluminum overland fender flares and rocker rails. I've chosen the aluminum due to the weight. The flares are power coated locally and the white parts are painted white because power coat will not match the factory paint. Everything else is power coated.

1 - 20 of 273 Posts