Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
261 - 273 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #261 ·
Hi Steven! By the way, I also, replaced the Teraflex 1" spacers with the MC 4.5" springs. I don't like the way it feels with the coil spacers. I felt the difference as soon as I drove it after the installed, but it settled down. However, with the MC 4.5" springs it felt much better. I have to take pictures with the MC 4.5" springs, but I don't think it will look that much different.

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
Hi Steven! By the way, I also, replaced the Teraflex 1" spacers with the MC 4.5" springs. I don't like the way it feels with the coil spacers. I felt the difference as soon as I drove it after the installed, but it settled down. However, with the MC 4.5" springs it felt much better. I have to take pictures with the MC 4.5" springs, but I don't think it will look that much different.
Alright, looking froward to seeing this. I've been wondering if that might be the way to go.

So, now that you've had both(3.5 spring+1"spacer) and the 4.5 spring, are the final ride height nearly the same? If so, I'm going to be running a 4.5" MC spring. Just to be clear, the 4.5" spring is only up front correct?

-Steven

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #263 ·
Alright, looking froward to seeing this. I've been wondering if that might be the way to go.

So, now that you've had both(3.5 spring+1"spacer) and the 4.5 spring, are the final ride height nearly the same? If so, I'm going to be running a 4.5" MC spring. Just to be clear, the 4.5" spring is only up front correct?

-Steven
Yes, nearly the same or a little taller on 4.5" MC springs. I should have measured it before swapping it out, but I do like the MC 4.5 springs, it felt much more tight and ride better. Yes, it is now sitting on the MC 4.5" springs in the front. The MC 3.5" springs and Teraflex 1" spacers will be on sale. I will snap some pics later tonight with the 4.5" MC springs. The above pics are on the 1" spacers.

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
Yes, nearly the same or a little taller on 4.5" MC springs. I should have measured it before swapping it out, but I do like the MC 4.5 springs, it felt much more tight and ride better. Yes, it is now sitting on the MC 4.5" springs in the front. The MC 3.5" springs and Teraflex 1" spacers will be on sale. I will snap some pics later tonight with the 4.5" MC springs. The above pics are on the 1" spacers.
Thanks! One more question, are you running the MC coil spring alignment brackets on the rear springs? I gained ~5/8" with those.

-Steven

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #267 ·
Yes, those. If you have a chance, can you measure the ride height? Maybe use the rock rails as a measuring point. I'm curious to know if you are level or have any rake at all using the 4.5" spring up front.

-Steven
You wanna know the height of the front and rear measuring from the rock rails?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
You wanna know the height of the front and rear measuring from the rock rails?

Yes, measure the front and back of the rail. I'm trying to determine if you are level, nose down or nose up with your new set-up. I suppose you could measure on the frame, just trying to make this as easy as possible.

-Steven

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #269 ·
Yes, measure the front and back of the rail. I'm trying to determine if you are level, nose down or nose up with your new set-up. I suppose you could measure on the frame, just trying to make this as easy as possible.

-Steven
Front measured about 25 1/4, back about 25 3/4.

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
Front measured about 25 1/4, back about 25 3/4.

So even with the 4.5" springs up front, you maintain a little forward rake. It probably looks like it's sitting level right?.

When time permits, can you take a profile shot? Also, what winch are you running Tak? Thanks!!!

-Steven

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #271 ·
So even with the 4.5" springs up front, you maintain a little forward rake. It probably looks like it's sitting level right?.

When time permits, can you take a profile shot? Also, what winch are you running Tak? Thanks!!!

-Steven
Yes, just a little forward. I tried couple flat pavement and still front is a little lower. I have Warn 10s.

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
Here are the pictures with 4.5" springs in the front.

That looks perfect Tak:thumb: I'll be adding this to my upgrades, especially after you said you could feel the difference between running the spacer/3.5" and the new 4.5" spring.

-Steven

261 - 273 of 273 Posts