Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
hi tak, it is me or the track bar in that picture it's backwards?, i had the impression that the bend should be pointing up so the track bar be parallel to the ground.

again im not sure if im right im not an expert or enything but it's worth to check it out.

fernando
Thanks Fernando, but I think that's how AEV rear track bar is.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Installed this Dynatrac Progrip brake kit yesterday. Didn't notice at first, but after driving about 30 miles, it felt great. What a big improvement. The install wasn't that hard, the hardest part was removing the 35" tires and putting them back on making me so tire and forgot to take picture of the rear brakes.

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
Really nice upgrade Tak! Make sure you bed the pads in properly for full effect. Keep us posted on your thoughts as you use them more.

-Steven

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Really nice upgrade Tak! Make sure you bed the pads in properly for full effect. Keep us posted on your thoughts as you use them more.

-Steven
Thanks Steven and yes, I did that right after installed. I didn't notice anything after I bedded it so I was like why everyone said it's worth it and I was kinda disappointed, but right after around 30 miles driving I noticed right away the pedal wasn't feel soft anymore. After 200 mile, I'll do the last procedure 60 - 20mph with strong pedal force.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
So I made my decision to go with AEV 2.5” over the 3.5” lift because of avoiding modify the exhaust due to driveshaft boot hitting it, however I still installed the MC exhaust spacers just to be safe. Then I changed my MBRP exhaust to AFE which I like how it tucks really high and along with the AFE Y-pipe. Anyway, after with all the accessories added on and now my jeep doesn’t look like it was before. Since I have so much clearance now, I switched it to the MC 3.5” Game Changer with the Teraflex Falcon 3.3 shocks. I had a chance to install them last weekend and it took myself two days to remove the AEV and install the MC. Didn’t get a chance to drive much yet because I need to redo my brake bleeding again and have alignment done. Stay tune.

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
So I made my decision to go with AEV 2.5” over the 3.5” lift because of avoiding modify the exhaust due to driveshaft boot hitting it, however I still installed the MC exhaust spacers just to be safe. Then I changed my MBRP exhaust to AFE which I like how it tucks really high and along with the AFE Y-pipe. Anyway, after with all the accessories added on and now my jeep doesn’t look like it was before. Since I have so much clearance now, I switched it to the MC 3.5” Game Changer with the Teraflex Falcon 3.3 shocks. I had a chance to install them last weekend and it took myself two days to remove the AEV and install the MC. Didn’t get a chance to drive much yet because I need to redo my brake bleeding again and have alignment done. Stay tune.

NICE!!! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

-Steven

Reactions: TakHardRock

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
Thanks Steven, I'll be doing my brake bleeding tomorrow morning then will test it out. I already got my YETI drag link and tie rod, but I want to see how it feels without YETI before I install it.
Good plan, always nice to see what improvement each new part brings.

-Steven

·
Registered
906 Posts
Installed this Dynatrac Progrip brake kit yesterday. Didn't notice at first, but after driving about 30 miles, it felt great. What a big improvement. The install wasn't that hard, the hardest part was removing the 35" tires and putting them back on making me so tire and forgot to take picture of the rear brakes.

I bought one of these, it helps a lot with removing, moving, and installing 35's. Omega 92030 Black Tire Cart - 300 lb. Capacity https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006WZKXYK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_PX8ozbRKQW8S5

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I completed my brake bleeding on Saturday and tested it out although the alignment hasn't done yet. It felt definitely better than the AEV 2.5". I set my Falcon to soft and it seems stiff to me already, maybe I have to check my tire pressure. Now, I need to install my YETI tie rod and drag link then have it aligned. Hopefully drive like the luxury car like everyone saying...:) I gain like an inch in the front and inch and a half in the rear.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Installed these bad boys on the Father's day. Removing the tie rod was a breeze, hit it with a hammer and it came right out, but the steering was tough on the pitman arm side. I had to hit it with a hammer a few times then use a pickle folk to get it out. The steering feels a little light now maybe due to alignment, but it is very stable. I tried hitting the pot holes, but it didn't move at all, very worth spending money on these mods and I'm happy. Installing the Fox ATS steering stabilizer on the Steersmart damper didn't seem to fit correctly, I didn't know there was a special bolt. I did contact Ron and he's sending me one.

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
I completed my brake bleeding on Saturday and tested it out although the alignment hasn't done yet. It felt definitely better than the AEV 2.5". I set my Falcon to soft and it seems stiff to me already, maybe I have to check my tire pressure. Now, I need to install my YETI tie rod and drag link then have it aligned. Hopefully drive like the luxury car like everyone saying...:) I gain like an inch in the front and inch and a half in the rear.

:appl::appl::appl:

-Steven

Reactions: TakHardRock
41 - 60 of 273 Posts