Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took a look at my 50" Rigid Radiance LED bar that arrived on Saturday and noticed a bunch of dents, chips and scratches in the aluminum cooling fins. Why in the world would Rigid ship these expensive LED bars out with a pair of heavy mounting post loosely banging around inside the same box? When I picked up the box from FedEx I heard something sliding around inside the box but I didn't take a look at the LED bar until today. I have 5 or so dents running up and down the fins on the LED bar.
Has anybody else received a Rigid LED bar with loosely packaged mounting brackets floating around inside the same box as the LED bar? I am waiting to hear back from Rick at Quadratec, I'm sure they will make this right.
BTW, my 20" LED Rigid Radiance bar didn't have any noticeable damage, but I will take another good look in the day light tomorrow.
Pics of damage

Mounting brackets floating around inside box

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Super Moderator
9,601 Posts
Just took a look at my 50" Rigid Radiance LED bar that arrived on Saturday and noticed a bunch of dents, chips and scratches in the aluminum cooling fins. Why in the world would Rigid ship these expensive LED bars out with a pair of heavy mounting post loosely banging around inside the same box? When I picked up the box from FedEx I heard something sliding around inside the box but I didn't take a look at the LED bar until today. I have 5 or so dents running up and down the fins on the LED bar. Has anybody else received a Rigid LED bar with loosely packaged mounting brackets floating around inside the same box as the LED bar? I am waiting to hear back from Rick at Quadratec, I'm sure they will make this right. BTW, my 20" LED Rigid Radiance bar didn't have any noticeable damage, but I will take another good look in the day light tomorrow. Pics of damage Mounting brackets floating around inside box
That sucks! Rick will take care of you! :thumb: I'd shoot Ridged an email saying for what they charge they could spend a bit more on packing material!

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That sucks! Rick will take care of you! :thumb: I'd shoot Ridged an email saying for what they charge they could spend a bit more on packing material!
I will call them tomorrow, last week I spoke with Nate at Rigid with some questions about their Radiance LED bars so I will let him know.

·
Super Moderator
9,601 Posts
I will call them tomorrow, last week I spoke with Nate at Rigid with some questions about their Radiance LED bars so I will let him know.
Is there a packing slip that states packed by ____________? If there is show them, they can track his @55 down and deal with him/her!

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is there a packing slip that states packed by ____________? If there is show them, they can track his @55 down and deal with him/her!
Just that 2-11591-A from that 1 pic, now that I look at the brackets bag it has tape on the plastic bag, the tape must have fell off where ever thry taped it to and did all the damage.

·
Super Moderator
9,601 Posts
Just that 2-11591-A from that 1 pic, now that I look at the brackets bag it has tape on the plastic bag, the tape must have fell off where ever thry taped it to and did all the damage.
IMO...no excuse! Enough bubble wrap nothing moves!

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
We put 50" rigid bars on our work trucks, one of them had the mounting screw broken off in the housing. Likely from shipping. For a $3500 order, you would think they could be bothered to pack them a little nicer.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
IMO...no excuse! Enough bubble wrap nothing moves!
Yeah, .50 cents in bubble wrap would have saved a bunch of $$ on reshipping and headaches. The light bar came shipped like this with cardboard on both sides of the LED bar. I guess the $500 LED bar doesn't get as much love as their $1,500 Hehee

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just a quick update. Rick PM'd me this morning letting me know they will ship a new 1 out in the next day or 2 when they're back in stock. :winner:

·
Super Moderator
9,601 Posts
Just a quick update. Rick PM'd me this morning letting me know they will ship a new 1 out in the next day or 2 when they're back in stock. :winner:
Rick is great! I'd still let Ridged know you're not impressed! Glad it's working out for you!

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rick is great! I'd still let Ridged know you're not impressed! Glad it's working out for you!
For sure, I will give them a call later today.

·
Registered
184 Posts
So it must be the thing-my Radiance 50" came today with same dent in rear fins from mount brackets floating around in box. Used a plastic trim removal tool and looks fine. Just mounted it up-will post some photos later.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Wow, for the price Rigid charges for the Chinese components (that they assemble in the US), they should be packaged much better.

·
Registered
357 Posts
grill insert does look good.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts