Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1978 CJ, found in Bryan/College Station last November. Pure luck !! Drove her home the day before thanksgiving, gave less than $ 5 K. So far I have replaced the gray 1997 dated Bestop with a new black one, replaced the seats as they were all torn, pulled out the carpet and insulating stuff.

I was able to score some OEM steel wheels dated 1977 from a buddy, and put the pro comp A/T's on. A carb adjustment in the spring and recently replaced the original output shaft on the dana 20 t=case.

All in all I am lucky, and planning on keeping her stock. I-6/258, 3 spd T-150, all gauges work. THe heater core was leaking a wee bit so I bypassed that.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,013 Posts
I so love the old CJ's. Nice find

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nice CJ Tahoe! good to hear your going to keep it stock. something cool about stock Jeeps.
here's a picof my stock 78 CJ5, I too am going to keep it stock. fix what breaks, change the fluids, fix the leaks and DRIVE IT

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
yeah its rusted along the rain gutter, it rattles and what not and we love it!

when I traded an 81 Bronco for the CJ (yeah I know there's a sucker born every minute!!) it was topless....after we made the deal the dumb ass seller asked if I wanted the rusted up crappy [email protected]#! uh yeah I want it...I say, what else you got with it? when I seen the top and doors I thought really man! that top has to be worth more than the CJ! score!!

here's a pic with the doors off.

CJ on Tahoe!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Nice CJ. Brings back memories. I had a 73 with a 304V8 and it got 17mpg

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took a chance and re-hooked the heater up. It actually was cold here in Houston. down to the low 30"s.

Well the core was leaking still so some Barrs Radiator stuff (with metal pellets) seems to have cured that. Ran her for about a week, then had the radiator flushed and filled. NO LEAKS and I have a heater. I am suprised at the amount of heat. Not a sauna by any means but it keeps the cab toasty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts