Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought an 89 wrangler. i used to have a 97 XJ but lost it in a divorce. 1st thing i did was fix the gauges cause non of em worked. i did the tabasco trick on the copper contacts and all the gauges work now. then i installed a new stereo because there were no speakers in it and the radio was an old school turn knob style radio..

next thing on the agenda is rip the carpet out cause its nasty and ripped, and im gonna rhino line the entire floor.

Ill add more as i do it

·
Registered
45 Posts
Awesome beginning! Looking forward to seeing your progress!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Nice. I have a 95, but a part of me wants an older one...like an 88. I love the sport cage. The retro look of it rocks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
bought an 89 wrangler. i used to have a 97 XJ but lost it in a divorce. 1st thing i did was fix the gauges cause non of em worked. i did the tabasco trick on the copper contacts and all the gauges work now. then i installed a new stereo because there were no speakers in it and the radio was an old school turn knob style radio..

Good looking jeep!

Ok I gotta ask because I am a newbie and am having some gauge problems on my 87 what is the tabasco trick?

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
That looks like a pretty clean Jeep for your neck of the woods. I used to live right next door to you in Houston. Welcome to the forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts