Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,
I’m new to the forum but have been reading for years. I’ve had my YJ for 5 years now and just started my build. I will post pics as I progress. I have a question I’m hoping someone on this site can help me with, I gutted everything under my front end preparing for a 2.5 inch lift, unfortunately I had to put that on hold until I have some extra cash. In the meantime I’ve added my tube fenders and side steps, purchased a new windshield frame and windshield to be installed after painting. My question is, does anybody know an easy way to move a YJ with no front suspension, and by no front suspension I mean differential and all othe components. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated, Here are a few pics of the beginning process.
Thanks
Kevin

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good luck with your project. I don’t have any suggestions on the move though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
195 Posts
pair of harbor freight car rollers with a chunk of 4x4 or 6x6 across them with the front of the frame on that. sweep the floor very well before the move.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feed back everybody. I never thought about harbor freight, that is probably the route I will take to move my jeep outside. If all goes well my tub will be cleaned, prepped and monstalined by Monday.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Xbird was on the right track, but I would use harberfreight's furniture dolly's they are bigger and have better wheels. I have used them in the past to make a stand for my truck bed that I could roll around while working/painting on it.
In my experience there car dollies don't roll worth a shit. JMO
Greg

·
Super Moderator
10,632 Posts
Don't use any more than one of those Lites until after all work is completed.
You only want to do the job once.

One Lite might illuminate the job. Two Lites can cloud your vision and make it difficult to see any errors that a person might make while doing the repairs.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Inner fender lining

I was wondering if anyone had a solution for replacing the front inner fender liner on a YJ? I am going to be removing mine to paint the frame and i noticed as I was trying to remove them, removing them in one piece is going to be darn near impossible because they are so brittle due to age. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
10,632 Posts
I was wondering if anyone had a solution for replacing the front inner fender liner on a YJ? I am going to be removing mine to paint the frame and i noticed as I was trying to remove them, removing them in one piece is going to be darn near impossible because they are so brittle due to age. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Google "Detroit Muscle Technologies". They post here under the handle "DMT". They haven't posted in a while.
By all accounts their products meet OE quality and the prices seem reasonable.

Good Luck, L.M.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts