Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i just wanted to show you my progress on my 93 yj v8 swap im putting a 360 with the NP435 4 speed tranny and a Np231 transfercase if you have any questions or any thing that might help me out let me know thanks for looking

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im going to weld in the motor mounts that i got from advance adapters tomorrow and i just orderes headers from novak they are shortie huggers

·
Registered
521 Posts
Subscribed.I got a chance to get a 1990 360 for $150 with tranny.running.post some good pics.I might do the swap in a year or to.lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for looking I'll get some good pic of everything maybe I can help someone out one day. 150$ that's great deal u can't pass that up!

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
I would advise painting the firewall now while your drivetrain is out. Use rattle spray cans and get a close match up to your vehicle. It will look so much better than leaving it like it is now. With mine, I didn't think it was going to make a difference but once the drivetrain was back in, it just looked crappy. I then wound up taping everything off and painted it with the drivetrain in. It looks so much better but it would have been so simple had I just painted the firewall when it was out.

Great build and can't wait to see if finished.

Take care,

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's a 1984 and it came out of a ram charger. And I'm going to paint everything assoon as I get my mounts welded in. I was thinking of rhino lining it ?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I will be painting the engine compartment with rustoleum bed liner that comes in a rattle can when I drop a v8 in. It will look clean and be a little tougher than paint. Looking forward to reading/seeing your build.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I thought the idea was to go newer with the engine swap to avoid emission problems?

I have a 93 YJ myself, with the 2.5, so I am always interested in seeing swaps as I know I have one coming up in my future.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Painted it up last night and looks good got the motor set in and about to wire everything up. And for going newer it's a good thing but for me it's so simple for a motor with no computer

·
Registered
521 Posts
How hard was it to do I have a2.5l in my jeep would like to put v8 in
I haven't done the 360 swap.I swaped to 4.0 ax15. I've got a 90 360 with the a518 tranny out of a b2500 ram van.its throttle body injected.190hp,295 lbft torque.I'm going to tinker with it just for fun,and if it ever goes in the jeep,that's a good question.if it don't I will sell it and make some money.following this thread hard though

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I am so lost right now in trying to wire this thing back up mainly with the ignition I've looked and I've looked but i cant find much on what wires to use I have a msd ign and coil an and I need to know where the two wires that don't go to the coil go to and how to wire in the distributor ? Thanks for looking hope someone can help

·
Registered
521 Posts
So I am so lost right now in trying to wire this thing back up mainly with the ignition I've looked and I've looked but i cant find much on what wires to use I have a msd ign and coil an and I need to know where the two wires that don't go to the coil go to and how to wire in the distributor ? Thanks for looking hope someone can help
Did you ever get it figured out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No I haven't figured it out yet an it's stressing me out I'm trying to figure this harness out but I'm having trouble the distributor is the factory one I believe but here's where I'm at

1 - 20 of 23 Posts