Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

41 - 60 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
My carpet is out. I am going to do truck bedliner on the inside. I have some rust to fix first and I am also gonna do the liner on the outside lower 6" too. Kinda want to do it all at once.

I don't get a lot of heat from the floor at all, and IMHO any carpet will hold water promoting rust, mold, mildew.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Wish I had a welder and could do the work you do. I need to replace the driver's side floorpan and stuff.

nice work:thumb:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Thanks! Some say you don't need to weld them in. You can used automotive panel bond. I just don't know if i'd like that. I do use panel bond and seam sealer but the panels get spot welded in first.

My best advice is to go buy a welder(you can find craigslist deals), do some reading and get started. I am completely self tought. I still learn new things all the time either thru reading or trial and error.

I love my welder, it enables me to be able to do a lot more than i ever thought. I use it for all kinds of repairs and fabrication. It's just another weapon in my arsenal. :)

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Now after doing some much needed maint to the wifey's subie i can get back to fun stuff for the jeep.
Fixed a rust hole in the tub on the passenger side. Picked up some 5" x 1 /4" thick angle iron to make some rock slider/steps. Also fixed my rocker crease courtesy of rocks and valleys. Should have listened to Ed. LOL!
Also picked up some 1/8" plate for my custom made rear wheel well tool box. I started laying out the box and it's gonna be sweet. The idea is to have a really solid locked tool box that can stay in the jeep, be bolted to the jeep, not be in the "cargo" area taking up room, and hold all my wheeling tools all the time so i don't have to rape my garage tool box for a wheeling tool kit. It's gonna be a pretty good size box at 25" long so far. Also went thru my "spare" tools and now have a list of things i need to buy to complete it.
I will get pics up asap.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
The Yam Jam is looking great man! Love the short vid. What's next after you line the tub?
Thanks all! It has been some work but it has been super fun. Last wheeling trip was awesome and when i got home i Rolled off the trailer, aired the tires back up, reinstalled the baby seat and have been driving it. Making more reliable is really the best part. I still will never drive it to a wheeling event, I'm too old for the hassle.. :)

As far as whats next? Well the rust needs fixed in a few spots on the tub then it will get lined.

If my custom tool box turns out the way i want then I am gonna make my own center console. I should have enough 1/8" plate to make a nice one. Plus I can put on an armrest which would be nice.

Tire carrier for the bumper. I am tired of listening to the rear door banging around.

Looking for an 8.8 to have around get it rebuilt and maybe some 4.56's. I carry extra d35 parts with me when i wheel but it would be nice to not have to worry.

Maybe a locker for the front. Multiple ways to do that. What I would really like is to do a spartan or aussie in the front and get rid of the cad and get a locking hub setup.

Tube fenders, "real" cage, Suspension seats, etc...

There's a list. LOL! Not in any order really. I need to get the cage done by next year though so I can feel better about having my 3yr old in the back.

41 - 60 of 196 Posts