Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my 97 TJ. It is all stock except for the 31x10.5 Destination M/T's I'm going to get be this coming week. I work for Bridgestone/Firestone and getting 5 tires for $498.

I've had it for going on 4 years. It has 112,500 miles and came from Missouri...I live in NE Ohio. It isn't my DD and I try to keep it out of the salt, as much as I can. I get an oil spray every fall (around Thanksgiving; new hydraulic oil) for about $55.

I have thought of selling this TJ and my DD ('08 Civic SI) and buying a 2015 Wrangler but after seeing how expensive, too nice and big they are; I have decided to keep my TJ.

As you can see from the pictures, the frame has a little surface rust but not bad. I plan to remove as much of it as I can and then use Por15 on everything I can get a brush on. Are there any areas I should pay close attention to?

I am don't really want to get into a lift and what comes with it. I don't take her off road much and what I do, a lift isn't a necessity. I don't think any of the suspension parts have been replace by the PO and I was thinking of replacing springs and shocks. Any suggestions on a brand that will give me a decent ride? I have replaced steering stab, front track bar, radiator, water pump, thermo housing, belt and thats pretty much it. Changed coolant, trans oil and obviously engine oil.

Also, besides a lift, what would you do to this TJ? I've thought about bedline'ing the interior, getting new seats (or try to clean the original ones, including the roll bar padding), replacing the headlights and fog lights with something brighter, rims or maybe refinishing the current ones...ect

·
Registered
497 Posts
lighting upgrades are always a good choice, seat covers to preserve it, and maybe even bedliner the interior floor for a quieter more insulated ride

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your response. I'd like to do all those things...I guess it just comes down to time and money.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I hear you, I almost bought a 2015 jk like my brother but decided to buy an 04 used tj

I payed 11.7 for it and already have 6k in it in about two months(none of that has been repairs)

I do what I can with my time but big stuff like lift kits I pay to have put on

·
Registered
329 Posts
Now that's a great idea. How much did that run you?
The heated seat pads were only about $75, the front seat re-upholstery was $550 by my local shop. If your existing seats are in good condition, you can add the heaters without having to reupholster the seats.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts