Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just bought her a few days ago, 83k miles, 5 spd. The previous owner installed some cool things on it:
4" lift, with a 3" body lift (which I'm removing soon)
Rancho shocks
XRC rear bumper/tire carrier
35" BF Goodrich tires

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
wow! '98 and only 83K miles!? Looks super clean. My '02 now has 97k miles. Hope you got a good deal.

Glad to see that you are tossing the 3" BL, doesn't look right at all.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, yea I don't know why the previous guy would put the 3" BL on it, but going to drop to 31 or 33 tires, and remove the body lift. I also gotta sand off some rust on the floor pan, but nothing difficult. It's my first Jeep, so it's been a blast so far

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
You wouldn't by chance know if he changed out the gears running those 35s would you? Might want to check that. If it has the D44 rear end , it should have 3.73 gears if he didn't change them. Which hopefully he did.

If your finding that 5th gear is worthless at 65 ( pushing about 1860 RPMs ) then you may still have 3.73s in there which going to 31s will work ( that's what I currently have )

If youre pushing ~2200 RPMs at 65 , 5th gear you may have 4.56s in there.

Don't know if you know any of that, so FWIW.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good point, thanks. On the highway at 55-60, I can stay in 4th gear at around 2100 rpm's, if I go to 5th, it drops to around 1800.

·
Registered
116 Posts
It's a nice looking Jeep!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts