Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 98 TJ was purchased 2 years ago, it was a weekend getaway vehicle, only 62k miles.

Upgrade:
Superior Axle & Gear 4.56 gears Chrome molly rear shafts.
Eaton E Locker D35
Aussie Locker D30
SYE
Metal Cloak 4in tube fenders
Metal Cloak rock sliders
Metal Cloak front frame built bumper
Durango 4x4 rear bumper/ swinging tire carrier
Metal Closk 3.5in short arm ARB edition lift kit.
35x12.5x15 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R Kevlar tires

Attachments

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Finally got my Durango 4x4 rear bumper assembled and mounted. Had to re tack the spindle but inside the bumper and re-attach the swinging tire carrier. Then it was pretty plug and play for the hi lift and Jerry can mounts.

(Photo coming up Cadillac Hill, The Rubicon Trail)

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
How is your 30/35 combo holding up with the 35" tires? I am thinking of getting some 33s and everyone cautions me that my axle may be too weak.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Was able to find a steal on a new cage from a local guy selling his. ended up with a stock TJ rear half with a poison spider trail cage front half (terrible paint job)

Attachments

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Next up was a transfer case swap. Found Rubicon 241OR T case off of Craigslist, came with linkage and the front drive line. This was an interesting install, Not terribly hard, only had to make a little extra room under the belly to make it fit. Drive lines had to be custom built to adapt. Got the rear in, and waiting to work out some kinks with the front.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts