Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased on Craigslist for fifty dollars...

Sanded and painted with Rustoleum Hammered Primer/Rosemary paint.

Then hung it in my Man Cave downstairs.... Wife approved lol.

May try to make it look more aged at a later date...

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hmmm that's a good idea for sometime in the future

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Have you thought about adding some lights to it and making it a light fixture?

We saved my front bumper when I got my Rampage and Mike is going to add some lights in the fog spots and hang it in the shop. :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for compliments... I wasn't thinking of lights... But I was thinking of light guards possibly... I did not want to push it too far or the boss would have suggested a spot in the garage lol.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thx jeepguy7972

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
that looks awesome dude !!! i wish i could find one on craigslist for 50 bucks.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Leave the headlights in and put them on the wall switch. Think that would be cool

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thx Donmeca2020 and Billetjksport. Curt68... I remember wiring my 1998 light bar on my TJ... Turned the switch and green smoke filled the cabin... So I think the light switch is out lol

·
Registered
503 Posts
very cool. I'm thinking about doing the same with my factory bumpers. May have to find a grille to go with it!

·
Registered
212 Posts
I found an Amp'd grille on eBay for $100...a bit more than the $50 the op paid but far less than the $300 a dealer wants for a new one.

If you can't find one on CL, try eBay...there was at least 3 on there when I got mine a couple of weeks ago.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If this was black and in the new condition like this orange crush.. This thread may have had a different title... I was shocked at the low price, thought it would be stolen or off a totaled JK... But when I met the seller in his modded crush... I was like 2 twenties and a ten .. Jeep wave.. Home depot and an eight dollar can of spray paint... The reality is... I was shocked when I found out they are entirely plastic lol

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Those are some mighty fine pots and plates for a man cave. Nice grill!
Oh boy... I got s#%t about the Pier 1 pots at work too... Man tough crowd lol... But it's really about what's in front of those leather recliners that makes me happy.. Now if only the Bruins were still in the playoffs... :(

·
Registered
192 Posts
Oh boy... I got s#%t about the Pier 1 pots at work too... Man tough crowd lol... But it's really about what's in front of those leather recliners that makes me happy.. Now if only the Bruins were still in the playoffs... :(
Looks like a nice place, can I come over? I'll bring the Yeungling.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Uhmmm stranger danger ... Stranger danger lol

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
I got ya beat. I bought my 2013 Billet Silver grill from a guy on craigslist that works at a dealership. Some guy replaced his grill with a chrome one so the dealership guy sold me the one they took off for $35...apparently they sell take off parts all the time. Might want to check your dealership to see if you can get a deal.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wicked... Deals are out there ... And already a sweet color...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts