Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so it's my wife's jeep, but I'm doing all the mods and building it up for her...I'll get to play with it on the weekends and then it' s her DD during the week for work. Day 1...June 9th

Bought her the black with soft top JKUS. Basically with the power package and rest is pretty much base. Didn't want to buy the extras just to take off and upgrade shortly after.

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Month later I ordered up the Rancho 3" trail system suspension lift with RS9000XL shocks up front and the RS5000's in the rear. Also in red... With the lift, I got the exhaust extension to clear the driveline and a set of the NFAB steps. Showed up mid week, waited for the weekend to do all the installs myself. This was my first lift install. Pretty easy install from start to finish, only wish I had a press at my disposal to do bushings. I had to make some calls and find a buddy that had one. Anyways, here is the after of the overall lift and what I got out of the front and back. Comes out to about 4 1/2" in the front and about 4" in the rear without any extra aftermarket accessories

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Next on the list that took place this last week, new shoes! Ended up with 5 -315/70/17 ProComp Extreme ATs. Had to add 1 1/2" spacers also. Saved money on wheels and just used the plasti dipped stock ones. Spare tire also fit on the stock carrier but ill be upgrading that soon with a swing style off a bumper. Figured for now I can use the stock since the larger tire rests in the bumper and I was able to snug the lugs down completely and threw a lock lug on.

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And finally some trail action up in Big Bear Ca to break it all in...nothing crazy since we didn't have a second vehicle or extra hands if we got into a sticky situation. I have wheeling experience but she is green. I got a couple guys at work that we will be heading out with who are all set up and can give me a hand if I end up needing it.

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This build is addicting! Love the new jeep hobby...plans for future mods include:

Front bumper
Rear bumper with swing style tire carrier
CB for trail use
Regear
Reinforce front axel with sleeve and gussets
Sway bar quick discos
Beef up the underside with skid plates
Billet/locking gas door
Mesh grill
Winch
Compressor
High lift mount
Spare fuel can mount
Extinguisher/shovel/axe
Rhino line interior
Custom seat covers (prob advantage max-4hd camo)
Front and rear lockers

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Looks fantastic!!:thumb:
I'm going to put tires on this month. Same size 315/70 R17 Just haven't found a wheel I am sold on yet.:confused:
I like going to Big Bear to wheel. Something for everyone.:)

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks fantastic!!:thumb:
I'm going to put tires on this month. Same size 315/70 R17 Just haven't found a wheel I am sold on yet.:confused:
I like going to Big Bear to wheel. Something for everyone.:)
I think we are heading backup on Saturday, more than welcome to join up and do a few trails if you are free. I want to start building up some local jeep buddies and get some group runs going maybe once a month or something like that. Shoot me a pm if you are interested. I'm also in OC, la habra area

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey I know this might be a noob question but what is plasi dipped and how much does it cost? Also you said your were red but it looked black...am I just not getting it?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Nice job Addict, looks great!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey I know this might be a noob question but what is plasi dipped and how much does it cost? Also you said your were red but it looked black...am I just not getting it?
Plast dip is a somewhat rubberized spray paint that is peelable. You can spray and it will adhere but if you don't like it, you can just peel it off. Comes in a few different colors or you can do a base white, then rattle can the color you want over it. Oh and the cool part is no tapping off! Just spray and peel or rub off excess...unless u rattle can over top, then tape off surrounding area. It's about $6 a can at most home improvement places. You can completely customize your rig without breaking the bank!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts