Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of changing up the wheels/tires/lugs a bit. My new JKU BBE is Granite Crystal Metallic.

I took a photo I found and then edited different combinations for the wheels/tires/lugs. I'd like to hear what everyone thinks. I'm having a tough time deciding which option to use.

Thanks everyone... can't wait to get my first Jeep Monday!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I'm leaning to triple black. I just keep looking at it and it just looks right to me. Really appreciate the comments... keep 'em coming!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Ah, new Jeep! .... what OP doesn't yet realize is that within a month or two, those are going to be totally covered in mud,dirt and rock rash & he will be looking at 35s or 37s ,wondering why he ever invested as much thought in the color of lug nuts for his OEM wheels way back when he was just getting into the mods.....

'just sayin...

( the black lugs look good with black out sidewalls, mate.... : ) )

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congratulations on the new BB! We just picked up my wife's BB (also in Granite Crystal Metallic) three weeks ago and are really enjoying it. I don't mind the white lettering on the tires and I think that the black lugs look good with them. I have been busy bankrupting us with accessories from the Quadratech catalog. If you live in a cold climate where there is sand and salt used on the roads I highly recommend the Mopar mud flaps (we had an extended cold snap and we could not wash it because the doors would freeze shut).

Also, I noted that the grille slots are pretty wide open so that rocks could dent the radiator fins so we also got some black wire mesh grille inserts that look great and were very easy to install.

Have fun with your BB!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ah, new Jeep! .... what OP doesn't yet realize is that within a month or two, those are going to be totally covered in mud,dirt and rock rash & he will be looking at 35s or 37s ,wondering why he ever invested as much thought in the color of lug nuts for his OEM wheels way back when he was just getting into the mods.....

'just sayin...

( the black lugs look good with black out sidewalls, mate.... : ) )
Haha... you are DEAD ON! :thumb:

I am happy with flipping the white letters in though. GCM is such an interesting color in how it changes shades with sunlight, clouds or night. Really like it!

·
Registered
689 Posts
I like the blacks with chrome lugnuts. To me, the chrome lugnuts help break up the color some and accent the wheel.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Ever thought about swapping them out for some Rubicon wheels and tires? I'm sure they have a few sets in the back room.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Are those the black wheels with silver edges around the openings?
yes they are, but you could just have the tires swapped out. The skinny tires on the Black Bear was one of many reasons why it's not for me

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I installed the black Gorilla "Wheel System" lugs today. I'm really happy with how they look. Here are some pics, one before and two after.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts