Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Jeep Tj 4cyl and all the brake lights don't work, I have replaced all of the bulbs but still nothing, then I checked the fuse behind the glove box and it to was fine, does anyone have any idea what the fix is?

Thanks Barret

·
Wheelin' and Dealin'
1,521 Posts
Personally I would take it somewhere and have them trace it down. Even though my side-marker didn't work (even after replacing the bulbs) and I just left it alone and now it works.. :confused: Idk lol but that is definitely more important than a side-marker so I would have it professionally done

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply but is there something more I can check for? maybe a switch on the pedal or something a novice can look for?

thanks again.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Do your reverse lights work? I noticed mine were not working one night and the connector under the rig by the t-case had popped loose so I reconnected it = All Good. I was not sure if my brake lights were working at the time or not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Wade,

My reverse lights do work but I will crawl under it afterwork today and see if there is a connecter for the brake lights as well.

Barret

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:) Great News,

I have fixed the problem with my brake lights. There is a switch on the top of the pedal that needed to be replaced. a $30 switch and 10 minutes of time.
Thank you everyone for your help and suggestions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Same thing happened to my jeep last winter that switch you replaced is a tiny bit sensitive to water (least that's what I've been told) might have gotten it wet or it was just it's time to go, glad you figured it out!

·
Show Me Your 8008135!
3,690 Posts
ditto. Glad you solved it.

I recently replaced the brake light switch in a Chevy 3500 dump truck...which was a BIIIIATCH to replace due to it's location high up on the pedal, with lots of little snap ring things and no room to work. Took about 2 hours to get it swapped. Still didn't fix the problem.

The solution--I had checked all fuses earlier, and found none blown. I missed a spot labeled "stop lamps" somehow...that was empty. Some nimrod at work had apparently REMOVED the fuse for some reason...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts