Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and they need to go. Any suggestions for bumpers that look decent for not that much money? The struggle of finding a nice looking bumper for a decent price is real.

How can I modify my stock plastic bumpers?

:pc-ouch:

·
Registered
325 Posts
chop off the ends, and place either the rugged ridge or....VDP (think that is the company) caps to put on the end. I paid $60 for mine, and it looks better than stock.

I have seen people cut their front bumpers at the out side of the bulges and that looked ok, but the caps on the ends give it a more finished look.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
and they need to go. Any suggestions for bumpers that look decent for not that much money? The struggle of finding a nice looking bumper for a decent price is real.

How can I modify my stock plastic bumpers?

:pc-ouch:
Define " not that much money?"

Some guys run no rear bumper..and some make the front a stubby.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you everyone! I am looking into all the info now. At first glance I will probably cut the ends off and cap them...

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you again, I think I will do the VDP Stubby Caps. What will happen if I take off my rear bumper? What will it look like?

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
The rear bumper is approx. 8 lbs. of hollow plastic except for the brass nuts embedded in the plastic.
JK looks a little "unprotected" without it. You see the box frame ends and the horiz. crossmember that the hitch gets mounted to.
I would leave it on. At least the hollow "milk-jug" of a bumper will slow any impact down slightly.
You can remove the rear bumper in 15 minutes.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I purchased a front bumper for under 300 and I love it hit a trailer at 10mph didn't even leave a mark.
Can get the rear one for about 300
For under 600 strong bumpers.

Is this in the budget

1 - 9 of 9 Posts