Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all
I am starting this thread for my new JK Willys and will update any changes made as often as I can. Trips, Mods, etc... As for the name... Fly Swatter when on the highway (I can assume you guys know why), and Bunny Thumper is who she becomes when wild and off road :happyyes:

So I got myself a 2014 Willys July 2014 in Coppertone Pearl (a damn tough color to find), which after seeing the color... I had no other options. Only other Willys in that color was 600+ miles away. When it showed up :awesome:

After I drove it home (the 5 min ride to my house took over an hour) :worthy:

So just now got to the point in my budgeting plan to start doing some mods. Which is mostly because I realize its cheaper to buy a winch than calling a tow truck every month.

So first mod I just did the other day was a front bumper from CarID, which turns out to be pretty nice. Didn't look like factory second at all, but did need to widen the holes in my frame a little for the bumper to fit. No problem.

Next is a winch...

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Congratulations and :welcome: to the mod addiction! :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right back atcha! Looks even better with 2 extra doors.

And thanks for the welcomes

Drew this up, threw it up in my garage, then realized the 2 door top is a little different.
Either way, wasn't the most stable design. Version 2 to come soon

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put my Winch on the other day btw. Settled with the cheaper Smittybilt 9500lb as my budget took a little hit not too long ago, but it looks good! Had to change the wiring to the battery around a couple times to make it reach and sit right.

It's been on for about a week (1 rain storm), and notice some rust?ish stuff on the cable. I just put a cover over the winch yesterday before another rain storm to help stop this from happening.

Question I have is:
Do the cables normally rust this quick or could it be some other type of stains (leaf residue)? Is there an oil or other solution that people use on the cable for care/upkeep???

I will post pics soon!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts