Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
It's been a week and hardly any bugs on windshield so that is a good sign. However, Texas is in a severe drought so there are fewer bugs flying around now so I don't want to mislead anyone.

By the way, my lovely OCD wife noticed I did not perfectly center the stone guard and has been giving me grief. She needs to up her Zoloft dosage.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling:---HOOD FLUTTER ?????

It's been a week and hardly any bugs on windshield so that is a good sign. However, Texas is in a severe drought so there are fewer bugs flying around now so I don't want to mislead anyone.

By the way, my lovely OCD wife noticed I did not perfectly center the stone guard and has been giving me grief. She needs to up her Zoloft dosage.
:dance::rofl: JIMBO

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling: I don't have any HOOD FLUTTER, but

I will report back later on windshield bug count and hood flutter. It will be nice if it diminishes bug splats because I am always wipping down winshield. Give me a week to research.
He said he'd make a report !

Nothing about HOOD FLUTTER, so

:whistling:---HOOD FLUTTER ?????

I asked and

HOOD FLUTTER--MUST KNOW NOW :rofl: ehh just helping Jimbo :)
You somehow thought you were helping me-???

I realize it's a jungle out there, but

There's a LOTTA people with HOOD FLUTTER and don't care about my fix, so I thought this "Stone Guard" might be a HOOD FLUTTER cure !!

I shoulda know better !

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
It may? Dunno. Thats why I asked. I do have some flutter but never really cared. I seen that you had asked and got no response, so I made a joke about it. If it does help the issue, that's great, you-ME- and anybody else with a fluttering hood might benefit.
I hope the poster did not think I was being an a** for speaking in your behalf-just having some fun :)

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling: Did you pull the spring, like I suggested, dozens of times earlier ???

It may? Dunno. Thats why I asked. I do have some flutter but never really cared. I seen that you had asked and got no response, so I made a joke about it. If it does help the issue, that's great, you-ME- and anybody else with a fluttering hood might benefit.
I hope the poster did not think I was being an a** for speaking in your behalf-just having some fun :)

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Looks Good

Looks good an the install looks like something even I could do. and I don't have a wife to give me grief if I get it a bit off:)

Chris :wavey:

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts

·
Premium Member
127 Posts

Forgot to ask is this the kit with the tailgate armor as well. Thanks

Chris :wavey:

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
In the video the finish looks like it is flat and maybe textured, similar to the JK's top and flares instead of the standard tinted bugshields. If it is it probably matches your JK better than most.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry guys I was so fixated on bugs that I forgot to update on hood flutter. We watched the hood all week at high speeds and no flutter was detected so that might be a secondary benefit.

As for what Wandell was wondering, the hood guard is made out of the same plastic as the fenders and bumper so it blends well.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:D AH HA !!--BINGO-

Sorry guys I was so fixated on bugs that I forgot to update on hood flutter. We watched the hood all week at high speeds and no flutter was detected so that might be a secondary benefit.

As for what Wandell was wondering, the hood guard is made out of the same plastic as the fenders and bumper so it blends well.
Now, depending on how thats received by the HOOD FLUTTERING CROWD--it could be DYNOMITE !!

Thanx Texas !

1 - 20 of 27 Posts