Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had my Wrangler about two month now and couldn't be happier, especially now that it is "top off" weather. I've been topless about six weeks, and have gotten used to leaving the house every morning to this:

That's Mad Dog, my cat. He loves the jeep. Not a problem, as the Jeep isn't a trailer queen and most of the cat hair blows out on my drive off the mountain.

Anyway this morning I'm about half way through my half-hour commute and happen to glance in the back seat to see Mr. Dog sleepily looking out from behind my new BestTop soft door tops.

U-Turn.

My wife took this as I was coming back up the driveway:

He has also gotten into the habit of waiting for me most evenings at my neighbor's house about a quarter mile up the road for a ride home.

I know lots of folks have Jeep dogs, but does anyone else have a Jeep cat?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Cool cat!

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Those are some great photos. You realize it's Mad Dog's JK, not yours. If his thumb worked he'd be driving it. :D

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
LOL thats a smart cat

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not to sidetrack, but how do you like the soft doors?
I like them.... a lot.

Like others have said, there is a bit of bending and shaping to get the bottoms to seal well (and to stop the latches from rattling on rough roads), and the same for the tops to get them to seal at speed. After about a half hour of tweaking all is well up to 70 or so.

Till it warms up around here, I'll be running the lowers to stay warmer (makes a BIG difference). After that they'll be in the back in case of rain.

Mad Dog approved.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Eclectic collection of vehicles there! A Westfalia and an old Rover!

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Finally! A jeep cat thread. I have two dogs and three cats, but I am really a cat person. As I type this, one cat is on the couch next to my head and the other is in my lap under my iPad as I type this. Cool cat, and thanks for posting this.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
All the time. Am a member of WVJC, or jeepinwv.com. We have rides there frequently.

Be glad to run them with you. I stick to easy and medium. Mine is too pretty and new to tear up :-D
Great... I want to get to a "meet and greet" and am registered with JeepinWV, just been busy at work. Plus I've still got some wiring to do on the CB and a few odds and ends.

I'll send you my email via PM.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts