Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.

In a few short days I will be starting my cruise control install. I will be using the whole system from a 99' Cherokee Classic.
-Leather steering wheel and everything :punk:

My rig is a 2000 TJ 2.5l 5spd:

The reason I am installing cruise is not for the mpg's that I MAY gain, but for the fact that I might have a lead foot somtimes and cruise would help prevent more speeding tickets.. :thumb:

Stay tuned for more photos to come as I start the install!

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm interested in the swap, more so a better steering wheel., I have a 06'.

You do know that you can buy a cruise set up on ebay for just under $300 that is a bolt in ???

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm interested in the swap, more so a better steering wheel., I have a 06'.

You do know that you can buy a cruise set up on ebay for just under $300 that is a bolt in ???
Yes I do know that. I am getting everything for just over a 100 bucks. And I would still have to wire it since I don't have any of the proper connections. So its not "bolt in" for some TJ's. I am interested in how the steering wheel fits also:punk: This is a learning experience for me too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just an update:
Today I went to the salvage yard and started pulling parts.

I got everything unhooked and whatnot, just need a steering wheel puller to get the wheel off and Ill be set.
-
No foreshadowing of issues so far!

Ill get everything home tomorrow and start posting pics. (We all know thats the best part)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Today I aquired the parts.

The steering wheel fit perfect and am already happy with the results.
I also managed to grab the Wiper switch /w delay. <-Works just by plugging it in!

Photo of the new wiper switch (New is installed):

Cruise control clockspring pops right in. Plugs right in too.:

Got rid of my old crappy steering wheel. Nice new Cherokee wheel with buttons installed:

These are my mounted shop fluorescent lights. Tied to the roll bar... :thumb:

I havn't installed the servo or anything yet. That will have to wait for another day!
Stay tuned!:punk:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just a small update:
I forgot to get the ecu plug for the pins when I was at the scrap yard before...
Luckily the guy let me go in and cut it off quick.

I now have everything besides color coded wire to do the install!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts