Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Well I get to drive my girls' Jeep occasionally, if I adopt you I'd have 2 to drive once in a while! Of course you are too old for me to declare as a dependent on taxes, so there would be no benefit there. :D

LMAO - Day late and a dollar short. Story of my life.

Did you take your trip to Canada yet? Been quiet on the "blue Jeep" posts lately so I thought you might be out of town. If you want to bend that bumper hoop later this month let me know. The next week and a half are a little crazy but then things should quiet a bit...that's also when daughter #1 goes away to school and daughter #2 still has to take her license test so I have a Jeep for a couple of weeks. I have to finish these rocker gaurds so I can return this tube bender then I want to check out your tire carrier/rack.

-John
I think dad wants to go to Canada next year. It's up to him, I'm ready to go.

I'm ready to bend the front hoop anytime you have the time. No rush.

As far as the build thread goes there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest, so I stopped posting.

I've also been pretty busy with side work. I swapped a frame on a GMC pickup and I'm on vacation next week. I'm heading to R.I. to get two 350's on a 32 foot cabin cruiser running correctly. I feel I'm going to have to take the boat for a test ride to Newport when I"m done. Grab the kids the wife and jump aboard. Don't forget the fishing poles.........It's areal nice boat.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
I think dad wants to go to Canada next year. It's up to him, I'm ready to go.

I'm ready to bend the front hoop anytime you have the time. No rush.

As far as the build thread goes there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest, so I stopped posting.

I've also been pretty busy with side work. I swapped a frame on a GMC pickup and I'm on vacation next week. I'm heading to R.I. to get two 350's on a 32 foot cabin cruiser running correctly. I feel I'm going to have to take the boat for a test ride to Newport when I"m done. Grab the kids the wife and jump aboard. Don't forget the fishing poles.........It's areal nice boat.

Can you get a rough size of the hoop (2 legs and top)? I have one piece of 1 3/4" HREW tube left fom other project and I have the tube bender until next week. I also have the 1 1 /2" schedule 40 pipe and the hydraulic bender we can use anytime. If I have enough tube, it bends so pretty maybe we can squeeze it in.

Good luck with the 350's. You wouldn't be a good mechanic if you didn't water test properly...a week would be a good test period! I just replaced the EEM (ECM), water pump, and t-stats on my 225 Evinrude last week...in the middle of my vacation...but it runs good now.

-John

·
Registered
103 Posts
looks great.:thumb: what a father. You and your daughter doing it. She will take care of it more since she put alot of work in it to.:angel: Great job.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Amazing job. They'll take much more pride and care with something they/their father put hard labor into. Great stuff!
It has been a lot of fun and the girls have learned a bunch. Daughter #2 and I just installed our shop built rocker guard/steps...pics to follow soon. It is great to ask them for a 3/8" drive with a 9/16" socket and have them grab it. It is even better when they ask me for it and ask me to hold something while THEY install it!:thumb: They've both done great learning stick shift this summer. The oldest drives like she has never had an auto and the younger wishes she had a hand brake (requirement for a license test in Mass) cause she wants to take her driver's test (she has a permit now) in the Jeep. She drive it well enough to easily pass as well (as long as the registry tester likes windblown hair :rofl:).

What a hell of an awesome build, man! You should be proud of your great work! And your welding is actually pretty good.
Thanks. They look good from 2 yards. Good penetration and no porosity, but not neat like a professional...I'm learning and getting better.

-John

·
Registered
506 Posts
Thanks. They look good from 2 yards. Good penetration and no porosity, but not neat like a professional...I'm learning and getting better.

-John
Just more and more practice, like everything. I was horrible at soldering... but then I had to make a clock out of discrete parts (basic parts), so I spent probably 10 hours or more soldering. Now my joints look like a pro did it.

I still want to learn how to weld. I just don't have the money for a welder.

101 - 109 of 109 Posts