Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
Hey Pressurized - it's funny, I've been on the forum for about 5 years now and didn't realize you were associated with a 4x4 shop. Which one?

I've got a Metal Cloak Gamechanger on the way. I think your post said you haven't seen that set up yet on the JL, if not I'll be happy to send pics when it's done.

Definitely need to get some clearance for the 37's I just put on :).

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
I'll PM you...

Matson always produces good stuff. Early on, I was probably the #1 MC fanboi back before MC was popular here on WF. Others like RK adapted and improved their designs to keep up. MC didn't have to... ;)

I'm confident they would be good... But going to be a more off-road focused setup, meaning more $$ to build.
Yep - Wheeled my JKR hard and want the JLUR to be able to tackle about anything as well. Putting stupid money in this build just like I did the last one, but it's money well spent for the fun factor.

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
@Pressurized follow up question:

I decided to get a Daystar Comfort Ride lift kit, a set of 33” KO2s and be done. The Comfort Ride Kit provides a 3/4-inch lift to the front, 1/5-inch to the rear, and maintains the original geometry. https://www.quadratec.com/p/daystar/34-spacer-lift-kit-jeep-wrangler-jl?gclid=Cj0KCQiAq97uBRCwARIsADTziyb2WJaHJPmgm76WOJmOUVZAbcIDbfp4ztmRpa_hNZOlmtPDBx_MxqIaAvCHEALw_wcB

The 33” KO2s fit without any lift; I just want to give my Sahara a little more clearance without messing too much with the factory height.

My 89-year old dad and 88-year old aunt need to be able to get in and out of my Jeep.

With that in mind, is there a good set of shocks you would recommend to improve the ride of my JL Sahara?
Great pic :)

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
All good here in AZ... Just ordered wheels and tires for my LJ. That means the build is right around the corner.

Did you do the Mopar kit?
Can you post some pics of the Unicorn LJ? That is one I’d love to have, but so hard to find one that is not a basket case.

Never mind - just saw your build thread, what a great find! Good for you!

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
YETI XD™ JL/JT PRO-SERIES ADJUSTABLE FRONT TRACK BAR

The Pro Track Bar has Polyurethane Pro-Series Bushing instead of rubber.

I replaced a Teraflex track bar today. I think the Teraflex track bar has a defect but that I will figure out later when I take it back out to them. They are here in Utah. I ordered this last week from SteerSmarts and they were very good at shipping out quickly and very helpful when FedEx decided to delay my shipment. It arrived this morning.

Boxed up nicely.

Install assistant.

Factory track bar bottom, then Teraflex middle, and Yeti top.

Installed.

I am very pleased. I already took it up on a short but rugged trail near me and also out on the freeway at 80+. The JLUR handles extremely well with this track bar installed. Nothing but positive to say about this track bar..

https://steersmarts.com/collections...d-jl-jt-pro-series-adjustable-front-track-bar

Hey Mods can you fix this? I had intended this to be a separate thread not mess up this thread.
Yeah - had the Yeti Track Bar on my JK - it’s a beast! If my Metal Cloak lift didn’t have one as part of the kit, I’d be installing it on the JL as well.

Btw - looks like your 4 legged assistant is waiting to get started.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts