Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
21 - 40 of 283 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm looking to put some larger tires on it and want it to look beefier for sure. I don't off-road really at all so that need is not there.

I noticed that link brings me to a Teraflex spacer lift that says "for 18-20 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited". Again, I know nothing about lifts, does it matter that mine is a 2-door and not a Unlimited? I had just assumed that there was 2-door specific lift out there...

I don't have any place to install it myself at, we live in an apartment and the owners frown on anyone working on their vehicles here. What's a reasonable price for an install of this type of lift?

Thanks!
Dirk

·
Retired Moderator
17,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
2dr is just fine... Order it with the shock extensions to keep it simple.

·
Retired Moderator
13,214 Posts
@Pressurized follow up question:

I decided to get a Daystar Comfort Ride lift kit, a set of 33” KO2s and be done. The Comfort Ride Kit provides a 3/4-inch lift to the front, 1/5-inch to the rear, and maintains the original geometry. https://www.quadratec.com/p/daystar/34-spacer-lift-kit-jeep-wrangler-jl?gclid=Cj0KCQiAq97uBRCwARIsADTziyb2WJaHJPmgm76WOJmOUVZAbcIDbfp4ztmRpa_hNZOlmtPDBx_MxqIaAvCHEALw_wcB

The 33” KO2s fit without any lift; I just want to give my Sahara a little more clearance without messing too much with the factory height.

My 89-year old dad and 88-year old aunt need to be able to get in and out of my Jeep.

With that in mind, is there a good set of shocks you would recommend to improve the ride of my JL Sahara?

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts

I decided to get a Daystar Comfort Ride lift kit, a set of 33” KO2s and be done. The Comfort Ride Kit provides a 3/4-inch lift to the front, 1/5-inch to the rear, and maintains the original geometry. https://www.quadratec.com/p/daystar/34-spacer-lift-kit-jeep-wrangler-jl?gclid=Cj0KCQiAq97uBRCwARIsADTziyb2WJaHJPmgm76WOJmOUVZAbcIDbfp4ztmRpa_hNZOlmtPDBx_MxqIaAvCHEALw_wcB

The 33” KO2s fit without any lift; I just want to give my Sahara a little more clearance without messing too much with the factory height.

My 89-year old dad and 88-year old aunt need to be able to get in and out of my Jeep.

With that in mind, is there a good set of shocks you would recommend to improve the ride of my JL Sahara?
Great pic :)

·
Retired Moderator
17,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

I decided to get a Daystar Comfort Ride lift kit, a set of 33” KO2s and be done. The Comfort Ride Kit provides a 3/4-inch lift to the front, 1/5-inch to the rear, and maintains the original geometry. https://www.quadratec.com/p/daystar...AbcIDbfp4ztmRpa_hNZOlmtPDBx_MxqIaAvCHEALw_wcB

The best riding shock I have found is the FOX Performance IFP. They have a 0-1.5" shock and it's likely that is what I would choose.

The other shock that I thought rode well was the Skyjacker Black Max. But I only drove on those a short bit. They are definitely less expensive.

Reactions: aldo90731

·
Retired Moderator
13,214 Posts
So I had the Daystar Comfort Ride spacer lift (3/4” in front, 1/5” in rear) installed —see below.

You can barely notice the difference from afar. However, with the 33” KO2s and this mild lift, the Jeep has gained a little over 1” in height. My butt now slides off the seat when I get out.

Overall I am happy with this lift: you can tell you are sitting higher from the driver seat; the Jeep now stands above other vehicles on the parking lot, my 89-year old dad can still get in-and-out of the Jeep, and the ride feels more isolated and refined.

It cost me $49.99 for the spacer lift (free shipping and no tax at Quadratec) + $230 installation at my local repair shop, for a total of $280. I can’t really complain.

When the Jeep is out of warranty I may go for a proper 2” lift, like the one @Pressurized recommends on here. In the meantime, this is good enough to keep everyone happy.

Upon delivery on 11/08

Two days ago

Today

·
Registered
24 Posts
Pressurized. I sent you a PM. I'm over in Goodyear and more or less fit the description you gave for a desired lift on my '20 JLUR. Looking for a shop and lift kit or a spacer kit? I think I just want 35's with full articulation and will have considerable added weight due to heavy duty bumpers, winch and full skid, etc. Good inputs on this thread. Thanks!

·
Retired Moderator
17,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Pressurized, I have a 2020 JKUR. I am doing my research on lifts. I checked on the Rock Krawler site and found that they show that those correction pads do not fit the 2020. Is this right?

https://www.morris4x4center.com/rock-krawler-front-spring-correction-pads-pair.html
I see that on the Morris site, but the actual RK site says 2018 to current.

JL Front Spring Correction Pad 18-Pres Wrangler - Rock Krawler Suspension

Frankly, with the Pro Comp lift the shop isn't using the spring pads, but personally I would use them with ANY lift put on a JL/JLU.

Reactions: SteedGun

·
Retired Moderator
17,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I am really leaning towards the Mopar 2" lift, add these pads.
Yep, that's a great choice. The RK pads and the Mopar lift work fantastic together.

·
Premium Member
3,943 Posts
Yep, that's a great choice. The RK pads and the Mopar lift work fantastic together.

I have the RK pads and will order my lift next month when I get more $$. My question here is that on my JK it had a slight lean right in the front that I solved with a small spacer. Does the JL also have the slight lean right because these RK pads do not differ left to right. If so, has anyone found the right spacer or isolator to solve the slight lean?

·
Retired Moderator
17,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I have the RK pads and will order my lift next month when I get more $$. My question here is that on my JK it had a slight lean right in the front that I solved with a small spacer. Does the JL also have the slight lean right because these RK pads do not differ left to right. If so, has anyone found the right spacer or isolator to solve the slight lean?
I have not noticed any JL lean... But there are a few spacers out there now, if you had a problem it would be correctable.

·
Retired Moderator
17,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Good to know. I really don't want to mess with springs twice.

Have you seen the JK lean that I am talking about?
Yes, JK lean is a known phenomenon... Often attributed to a full tank of gas, but I don't buy it. Neither of the JK's we have lean, so I've never had to deal with it myself.

·
Retired Moderator
17,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Thanks. It sounds like I ignore it for now and put the Mopar kit in with the RK pads.

I hope all is well in AZ!
All good here in AZ... Just ordered wheels and tires for my LJ. That means the build is right around the corner.

Did you do the Mopar kit?

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
All good here in AZ... Just ordered wheels and tires for my LJ. That means the build is right around the corner.

Did you do the Mopar kit?
Can you post some pics of the Unicorn LJ? That is one I’d love to have, but so hard to find one that is not a basket case.

Never mind - just saw your build thread, what a great find! Good for you!

21 - 40 of 283 Posts