Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
41 - 60 of 223 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
All good here in AZ... Just ordered wheels and tires for my LJ. That means the build is right around the corner.

Did you do the Mopar kit?
Can you post some pics of the Unicorn LJ? That is one I’d love to have, but so hard to find one that is not a basket case.

Never mind - just saw your build thread, what a great find! Good for you!
Thx, been fun just cruising it around. But we're beginning the hill climb now. 🙂

Reactions: Zenman323

·
Premium Member
17,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
The K3111 kit does nothing for front or rear track bars? Should adjustable ones be added?

It’s a low enough lift that the axle shift is not noticeable. If your OCD is super high, a set of Core4x4 Tier3 track bars would be a great choice. @AOR can get you a quote on those.

I am usually very sensitive to axle shift, but this Pro Comp kit on the JL has not bothered me at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,038 Posts
The passenger side springs in the stock and mopar lifts are longer to prevent the lean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Do you know which spring was suppose to go on which side? My instructions did not say so I guessed color label and matched front and back but I might have this backwards.

·
Premium Member
17,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I am sensitive to any mods I may make. I try to get them all how they should be or as close to as possible.

Thank you for the great info on this subject and your reply.
You bet... It's probably another $500 and the increased quality in the joints themselves, along with the adjustability is well worth it.

·
Premium Member
17,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I looked at the Core4x4 products. Hot dog! If I had not already ordered the Steer Smarts Yeti I would go for the Core4x4 track bar. Very nice.
It's a cool little company making extremely good parts... And Allen from Allen's Offroad can usually get a little deal on them. I'm about to buy F&R track bars for my LJ.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Do you know which spring was suppose to go on which side? My instructions did not say so I guessed color label and matched front and back but I might have this backwards.

They are listed by part number in the instructions and on the spring it’s self.

I will look at mine and let you know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
I have the RK pads and will order my lift next month when I get more $$. My question here is that on my JK it had a slight lean right in the front that I solved with a small spacer. Does the JL also have the slight lean right because these RK pads do not differ left to right. If so, has anyone found the right spacer or isolator to solve the slight lean?
I've seen a JL with "the lean" after a MC 3.5 Gamechanger was added. Apparently there are 2 different sets of pads available from RK. A set for springs with different lengths and a set for same length springs.

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
YETI XD™ JL/JT PRO-SERIES ADJUSTABLE FRONT TRACK BAR

The Pro Track Bar has Polyurethane Pro-Series Bushing instead of rubber.

I replaced a Teraflex track bar today. I think the Teraflex track bar has a defect but that I will figure out later when I take it back out to them. They are here in Utah. I ordered this last week from SteerSmarts and they were very good at shipping out quickly and very helpful when FedEx decided to delay my shipment. It arrived this morning.

Boxed up nicely.

Install assistant.

Factory track bar bottom, then Teraflex middle, and Yeti top.

Installed.

I am very pleased. I already took it up on a short but rugged trail near me and also out on the freeway at 80+. The JLUR handles extremely well with this track bar installed. Nothing but positive to say about this track bar..

https://steersmarts.com/collections...d-jl-jt-pro-series-adjustable-front-track-bar

Hey Mods can you fix this? I had intended this to be a separate thread not mess up this thread.
Yeah - had the Yeti Track Bar on my JK - it’s a beast! If my Metal Cloak lift didn’t have one as part of the kit, I’d be installing it on the JL as well.

Btw - looks like your 4 legged assistant is waiting to get started.

·
Premium Member
17,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Has the bowing issue been fixed on the Mopar lift?
Mopar has changed the design on the spring pads... In their mind they have corrected it. But honestly, it's still not perfect. If you want the Mopar lift, order a set of Rancho Coil Spring Isolators RS62123 and be done with it. It's just $35 more to make it right.

·
Registered
2018 JLUR
1 Posts
In the last 2 years, we have lifted 75 JL's... We started with the Mopar kit and through the spring bow fiasco and now around 10 other MFG's of lift kits tried, we have settled on a favorite.

Overall ride quality and geometry was most important. The last 20 or so builds have all been on this combo... Zero complaints. It just drives and rides like it is supposed to.

It's the Pro Comp K3111 lift. It gives around 3" on a Sport or Sahara and around 2" on a Rubicon. The spring rates are perfect and it includes the geometry correction brackets for perfect driving dynamics.

This lift comes without shocks... Why this one without shocks? Because the Fox IFP shocks for the JL are just so good.

The shocks for the 2-3" lift are perfect and this combo is VERY hard to beat. If you're building a hard core crawler out of your JL, choose something else... But if you want to make your JL simply better in every way, this is my choice.

Pro Comp 2-3

Fox® Racing Shox Rear 2.0 Performance Series IFP Shock for 18-20 Jeep Wrangler JL
Pressurized,
I have the Mopar lift on our 2018 JLUR. Spring bow is noticeable but not terrible like pics in this thread. I’ve ordered the RK pads but am wondering if you would recommend replacing the mopar springs with the Pro Comp springs? This is my wife’s DD. We are running 35” Milestars, Mopar steel bumpers and winch, along with some JCR rock slides. We take it off-roading 1-2 times / month on local trails here in Michigan. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
17,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Pressurized,
I have the Mopar lift on our 2018 JLUR. Spring bow is noticeable but not terrible like pics in this thread. I’ve ordered the RK pads but am wondering if you would recommend replacing the mopar springs with the Pro Comp springs? This is my wife’s DD. We are running 35” Milestars, Mopar steel bumpers and winch, along with some JCR rock slides. We take it off-roading 1-2 times / month on local trails here in Michigan. Any advice would be appreciated.
I would say no... Definitely put in the RK spring pads, but the Mopar lift is an excellent daily driver and moderate offroad lift kit. You have added a little weight, but not too much. IF you find that it has sagged a little, I would use a coil spacer to reset the height. I doubt you are experiencing that, but it's an easy fix.

The Mopar is still one of my favorites for DD use, along with the Pro Comp (both with Fox shocks). For heavy off road and trail oriented rigs, I like the Metalcloak... And for pre-runner or fast fire roads, the Teraflex ST2 with 3.1 Falcons. But all of them are quite acceptable for DD use, just some aren't as plush as others.

Reactions: SteedGun

·
Registered
527 Posts
I would say no... Definitely put in the RK spring pads, but the Mopar lift is an excellent daily driver and moderate offroad lift kit. You have added a little weight, but not too much. IF you find that it has sagged a little, I would use a coil spacer to reset the height. I doubt you are experiencing that, but it's an easy fix.

The Mopar is still one of my favorites for DD use, along with the Pro Comp (both with Fox shocks). For heavy off road and trail oriented rigs, I like the Metalcloak... And for pre-runner or fast fire roads, the Teraflex ST2 with 3.1 Falcons. But all of them are quite acceptable for DD use, just some aren't as plush as others.
I've read through this entire thread about 3 times now. Really appreciate all of the time you took to provide this great info. I'm considering a slightly taller lift in the future. This will definitely come in handy. Thanks!

BTW, the RK pads fixed my bowing issue on my Mopar lift. And you're exactly right. This is a great DD lift that won't break the bank.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This thread is full of good information. I was looking to spend about $1000 on a lift/shocks and am starting to realize I might need to up that a bit to get the ride/look/functions I need.

90% daily driver, 10% mild off road, lift for looks mostly and the occasional higher trail clearance where needed. I'm also going to be installing a new front bumper with winch. Would the pro comp lift listed here along with the shocks be a good fit for this? I have a 2021 Willys now. Want to keep the same ride comfort I have now or make it better/smoother if I can.

So, this lift...
4 of these shocks...2 front/2 rear
And a set of these...

Total ~$1200.

My other option is the MOPAR lift here...Not sure if the shocks are the same or not though...

$1350

Mopar looks to come with new control arms where the pro comp does not. Is that a big deal?

·
Premium Member
4,038 Posts
This thread is full of good information. I was looking to spend about $1000 on a lift/shocks and am starting to realize I might need to up that a bit to get the ride/look/functions I need.

90% daily driver, 10% mild off road, lift for looks mostly and the occasional higher trail clearance where needed. I'm also going to be installing a new front bumper with winch. Would the pro comp lift listed here along with the shocks be a good fit for this? I have a 2021 Willys now. Want to keep the same ride comfort I have now or make it better/smoother if I can.

So, this lift...
4 of these shocks...2 front/2 rear
And a set of these...

Total ~$1200.

My other option is the MOPAR lift here...Not sure if the shocks are the same or not though...

$1350

Mopar looks to come with new control arms where the pro comp does not. Is that a big deal?
Yes, as I found out on my first lift when you lift a vehicle you change the caster angle. Caster angle - Wikipedia

Think scooter steering vs. bike steering. That extra angle of the tires moved out front is very important to steering. Once lifted you want your caster angle to still be around 4 to 5 degrees. After lifting mine the new alignment (yes, get it aligned after lifting) shows my caster angle at 4.8 left and 5.1 right.

41 - 60 of 223 Posts