Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I custom ordered my 2013 Jeep Wrangler and took delivery back in August. The first night it rained water came in my passenger side half door window. The Jeep has been back to the dealership several times to try to fix the leak. Today they called and said that they replaced my passenger side half door window and that they stopped the leak at the top front. I was told that I now have new slower water leak drip in the back top part of the door. They said that they have spent a lot of time working on my Jeep and that they are unable to fix the water leak. I was told that they told Chrysler to buy back my Jeep and that I would be hearing from them soon. The dealership said that Jeeps should come with a disclaimer saying that this vehicle can leak water. I was also told that a lot of Jeeps leak water and that most people do not care. So, now all I can do is wait for Jeep to call and to tell me how they are going to handle this.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sounds like a load of crap. All cars have problems, but it seems like dealers are wanting to push them out the door quickly.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hope everything works out for you. My 2012 with hardtop does NOT leak and if it did I would definitely care! Just because I bought a Wrangler doesn't mean that I want to have puddles of water in my interior... unless of course, I just crossed through a river. I guess I would expect a little water infiltration then.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Tell chrysler you want a new top and new half door windows. No reason to buy back the entire thing. That's if you like what you have and aren't going to lose any money and more importantly time.

·
Registered
101 Posts
We have own 4 TJ's that never leaked and 2 Jk's that never leaked!! That's stupid --- We bought a Tomb Raider Edition TJ back in 2003 and it had several scratches - when I asked the dealer to buff them out he said "it's a jeep-- it's gonna get scratched" -- gotta love the attitude. I wanna scratch my own Damn Jeep!!!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Take the panels off, and re-seat them, or pour water selectively on the soft top if it's that and try to identify where it's leaking, maybe it's the seams or stitching etc. Can't imagine a simpler issue to resolve if you climb up on the thing and do the tests yourself. Otherwise duct tape is your friend :thumb:

·
Registered
771 Posts
it's nuts to get rid of if your custom order just for that. take it to another dealer. Unless there's a defect in the actual roof, it's surely a matter of taking it all off and putting it back on correctly.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My 94 Wrangler never leaked any water from the soft top or doors in the 12 years that I owned it. Tomorrow morning after I pick up my Jeep, I will do a water leak test. They did tell me they fixed the leak two other times and this time was their third try.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I've had one leak in my soft top before and it was on the passenger side and it leaked bad luckily it didn't have the carpet in but I opened the door and shut it hard and have never had a problem seance but I also have two small punctures in the soft top and it doesn't even leak in them idk y but it doesn't. I would see why some people would care if their tops leak if they keep their carpet in but if you take ur carpet out its not a big deal to me atleast because its not hurting anything unless there is something in it you don't want wet imo

·
Registered
771 Posts
DIY, otherwise a waste of time, is it hard or soft top? there are .pdf files here with instructions on the repairs from previous years TSB's from Chrysler. Identify the leaks yourself and set about fixing them. Most dealers are useless if they're can't solve it the first time round.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
DIY, otherwise a waste of time, is it hard or soft top? there are .pdf files here with instructions on the repairs from previous years TSB's from Chrysler. Identify the leaks yourself and set about fixing them. Most dealers are useless if they're can't solve it the first time round.
It is a soft top. Would the still previous years of TSB's from Chrysler still apply on a new 2013?

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
It is a soft top. Would the still previous years of TSB's from Chrysler still apply on a new 2013?

IMO yes...tops are still "pretty much the same" for all the JK's with just slight differences....at this point what do you have to loose?

I have been "fortunate" with my Jeeps only time ANY of the 3 had an issue was when I replaced the upper doors on my TJ....and that was my fault as I didn't adjust them properly...once that was done good to go...even running the "wrong" halftop...they don't make one for '03-'04s.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts