Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooo I began building my YJ but like so many projects it seemed to have fallen short of making it to the trail. It needs tons of work and I don't know if it'll ever get finished.. So my question is. I still like wheeling and I was wondering what most of your opinions would be if i accompanied some mild wheeling in my lifted f250. 6" lift on 325/65r18 duratracs... Nothing serious but a mild trail here and there. Just curious if you guys would be open to that?

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Sooo I began building my YJ but like so many projects it seemed to have fallen short of making it to the trail. It needs tons of work and I don't know if it'll ever get finished.. So my question is. I still like wheeling and I was wondering what most of your opinions would be if i accompanied some mild wheeling in my lifted f250. 6" lift on 325/65r18 duratracs... Nothing serious but a mild trail here and there. Just curious if you guys would be open to that?
We've had trucks like yours come with us, though most had to turn back because of their size. The width wasn't making it through the trees.

·
Registered
145 Posts
You'll definitely be fine on the mild trails. I know I'd enjoy seeing something different like a full size diesel pickup out on the trail. Depending on how it's equipped and driver experience, you could prolly do most moderate trails and even a few hard ones.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I saw a few full size diesel pickups and excursions on hells revenge last EJS... I'm sure you'll have no problems if you select your runs correctly! Should be a good time too!

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I saw a Ford Super Duty F250 make it up to Bill Moore Lake. I was shocked at how well it did on the mogul filled hill climb section of that trail.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good to hear guys. I'm not exactly super experienced but I'm not necessarily a slack job haha my pro comp lift kit doesnt have outstanding travel but I think it'll do on a lot of trails. Width would be my downfall. But height wouldn't be of any issue!

·
Registered
83 Posts
i personally would not want to wheel my F350, though i do take it on some forrest roads to go camping. its just too darn big and i spend the hole time worrying about running into crap with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts