Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a quick and easy replacement to the "cement pillow" headrests in our JKs. The fix? Nothing more than 2 rear seat headrests from a '02-'07 Liberty. The bars are just a wee bit wider than the JKs, but with a little push, they fit right in. They don't lock in place, but the tension from the size difference is well enough to keep them put. No more head trauma!

The headrests I used were from an '06 Liberty Renegade. The colors match perfectly. They look clean and OEM.

What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I found a quick and easy replacement to the "cement pillow" headrests in our JKs. The fix? Nothing more than 2 rear seat headrests from a '02-'07 Liberty. The bars are just a wee bit wider than the JKs, but with a little push, they fit right in. They don't lock in place, but the tension from the size difference is well enough to keep them put. No more head trauma!

The headrests I used were from an '06 Liberty Renegade. The colors match perfectly. They look clean and OEM.

What do you think?

I used ones from a 2010 grand cherokee, they fit perfect and are readily available due to being traded out for the dvd players for the kids in the back seat.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Nice!..that is one of the biggest things I disliked..the super hard rough headrests!

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
What did they cost ?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
What did they cost ?

Got mine on CL for $20 for the pair plus shipping, "dark graphite leather". I see them fairly often for about $50 a pair. You could check dealers, junkyards, radio shops ebay etc. Big difference in comfort, check for my posts with pics, did it about a year ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts