Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just thought I would share some pics and info on my TJ since my ownership this Feb.

Unfortunately (well not for me) whilst parked it was hit by another vehicle which totalled the Dana 44 rear axle

It took a while to find a replacement D44 with Trac-lok over here in the UK, but once replaced it looked like this

The steel rims, A/Ts & snorkle were already fitted, so took it out on a few gentle trails and got it dirty

Then I got out of my depth and drowned it in a "Tank track" on Ministry of Defence land!

I also managed to get stuck in the above pic and consequently got very wet in the process (now where are those drain plugs lol).

Soon realising that the stock height was getting me stuck everywhere, I decided to lift it with a 2.5" RC springs & shocks. I also machined some 1.25" spacers for a body lift, along with a pair of 1" motor mounts.

I was now able to get some 33" GT Adventuro's fitted, and was back out on MoD land yesterday. What a difference it has all made, I didnt get stuck once:bop:

I did manage to snap one of the front sway bar drop links though, so have ordered some quick disconnects ready for my next outing :)

Future plans are wider fender flares, front winch bumper & rear bumper with recovery points

Thanks for looking in

Cheers Al

·
Registered
135 Posts
Looks awesome! Which disconnects did you order?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts