Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 840 Posts

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As many of you know I'm on my 4th JK build. I loved my Willy's and in many ways it will always be my favorite build. It was almost perfect for my dog and I, but I had plans for more long distance traveling and might need to use my Jeep for sleeping and more storage. This will be my final time to do a build on a JK. I have lots of plans for it and mainly built around long distance trips and comfort to get there.

My first mods will be puppy and sound proofing it with other mods where I just transfer stuff from my Willy's build. I will not post my initial plans because all of you know I will change my mind multiple times along the way.

Attachments

·
Registered
430 Posts
I’ve been following since your first Jeep which I thought was amazing. You lost me on the WK though......

The biggest reason mine is still mostly stock is that I love driving it and I don’t want to screw it up. I did that once and fortunately learned my lesson. Oh, also I’ve been saving for something special that I hope to have in the coming months....

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Also today I started my sound proofing project. I used Sound Assassin on my Willy’s with some Mass Cell Vinyl from an old acoustical curtain. My Willy’s was the quietest Jeep I have ever owned. It was even more quiet than my Grand Cherokee. I got the front done today. I decided to leave some space between each piece because I was told by LineX that it would need something to adhere to if I wanted to go that route down the road.

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
You’ll always be Willy’s to me. Haha. Congrats on the new ride, great move with the sound proofing. One of my favorite mods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
My Final "JK" Build

Next on the immediate list will be door sill guards, rear cargo mat with cutout and MOPAR headliners only because I can save some money over the HotHeads. Probably going to run a Canvasback again and Bartact rear seat covers and some sort of divider net to prevent Nick from jumping in front. Ungrateful little shit, I bought him a $50K Recon with his own freakin' windows.

·
Super Moderator
22,477 Posts
Also today I started my sound proofing project. I used Sound Assassin on my Willy’s with some Mass Cell Vinyl from an old acoustical curtain. My Willy’s was the quietest Jeep I have ever owned. It was even more quiet than my Grand Cherokee. I got the front done today. I decided to leave some space between each piece because I was told by LineX that it would need something to adhere to if I wanted to go that route down the road.

I am curious how this works out without doing the entire surface.

·
Super Moderator
22,477 Posts
Next on the immediate list will be door sill guards, rear cargo mat with cutout and MOPAR headliners only because I can save some money over the HotHeads. Probably going to run a Canvasback again and Bartact rear seat covers and some sort of divider net to prevent Nick from jumping in front. Ungrateful little shit, I bought him a $50K Recon with his own freakin' windows.

I have no experience with HotHeads but have been happy with the mopar headliners. I bought a cheap dog cover at Petsmart for the back but my wonder dog thinks he is a person and if there is nobody up front he has to ride shotgun and I love the leather so no way I am putting seat covers on just to save the seats for the next owner. Besides does it look like this guy is going to ride the back without a fight? lol

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have no experience with HotHeads but have been happy with the mopar headliners. I bought a cheap dog cover at Petsmart for the back but my wonder dog thinks he is a person and if there is nobody up front he has to ride shotgun and I love the leather so no way I am putting seat covers on just to save the seats for the next owner. Besides does it look like this guy is going to ride the back? lol

Cute dog. I plan on just protecting the rear seats and then using the net so I can have leather. Nick usually looks like this so....

·
Super Moderator
22,477 Posts
he is a handsome boy. hard to believe but my wonder dog ,Kadon is 1/2 Australian shepard and poddle and yorkie mix. I did a dna test because everybody was always wondering what he was hence the Wonder dog moniker. He has the physical traits ie fast and quick like an ausie and likes to herd the cats around the house lol.

·
Super Moderator
22,477 Posts
if you don't have them get some Dirty Dog Trench covers.

1 - 20 of 840 Posts