Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this last week and so far i love it, its my first jeep. My bro in law had one a long time ago before i knew him so my wife already loved them. Anyway i am wanting to get some tires for it, was thinking about getting some goodyear wrangler dura trac. Anyone know anything about these i dont know nothing about it its all new to me. I want a more aggressive looking tire.

·
Administrator
12,548 Posts
how to do you plan to use the Jeep? Daily driver? Driver and trails.. Trail only etc. Lots of good all round tires out there. Let us know some more info. and craigslist.com has lots of good deals on used tires.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use it for everyday driving, I work in the coal mines and drive it to work and pretty much just anywhere I go. I do need some good tires for snow for getting to work, I have to drive up in the mountain to get to work. Its pretty steep but mostly pavement. Im wanting new tires also.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Cooper Discoverer - i used them on snow, very cold, mountain roads (pretty much the same you need) and worked perfect.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
BFG doesn't make something for the Sahara 18" wheels. In fact, the stock size for the Sahara wheels only come with mostly street tread.

If you go to larger tires, your speedo and odo will be off; the gearing will also make it feel more sluggish. There; you've been warned.
You can regear and get your speedo flashed to compensate though.

Bigger tires for Sahara wheels:
I'm running 265/70-18 General Grabber AT2 right now; pretty good tire and not expensive. There are a number of tires in this size but mostly street tread.

275/70-18 is a popular size and have increasing choices; this is a true 33" tire usually but depends upon brand. Your Sahara came with 32" tires that are very close to an actual 31".

Good tires in 275/70-18 size:
Nitto Terra Grappler
Cooper Discoverer STT TEK3
Cooper Discoverer ST
Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain
Toyo Open Country All Terrain
General Grabber AT2
Mickey Thompson Baja AT Traditional Radial
Kumho Road Venture AT KL78
Mastercraft Courser C/T
Dunlop Rover M/T Maxx Traction
Fierce Attitude M/T