Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
thats quite a bit of damage..be thankfull it didnt come through the windsheild!

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
not hopeful about it not being a "total" that crease at the passenger side front of tub and dent in windshield would concern me. Glad you are okay...if bags are not blown would repair and make a trail rig/ sometimes street driver. If bags blown would make trailer/ trail rig....and build it up as a TOY!!

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
He hit me, too

Good thing for my Smittybilt SRC bumper. His "Friend" ran in front of my Jeep, but I just missed him. A 90# Buck plowed into my drivers-side door, and wrinkled the sheetmetal, and bowed-in the drivers door. The bend is still there 6 years later.:banghead:.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Wow... Let's hope that's not your "first deer". Hopefully, it's your only deer! That's quite a bit of damage. Looks like there's a small crinkle in the frame? Does it handle any differently when driving it?

·
Registered
199 Posts
I live in Kentucky, too, where they are so over-populated everywhere. Like The Desert Outlaw, I didn't hit the deer, the deer hit me, bowing in my driver's side door. This was two years ago at 6 in the morning in the middle of town. Somehow, it also busted both the front and rear fender flares, dented the side of the hood, and bent the tub behind the door. I didn't get it fixed because I figured it would be really expensive to fix right.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Believe it or not, the deer ran off and I don't know if it survived or not. It happened so fast that I looked over and saw its head as it was about to hit the driver's side window, which somehow didn't break. It jarred the Jeep pretty good, and it sounded like a cannon when it slammed into the door. By the time I could get pulled off the road and stopped, there was no sign of the deer, but it had to have been injured.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yeah, come on down to Kentucky and help us thin the herd. Gun season is in right now. I hope rdsiler comes out okay on his Jeep.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
I've already tapped one (no damage) but I know it's not a matter of if, it is a matter of when where I live. The deer around here are ghetto. They'll walk down the middle of the street and turn and stare at you when you honk at them.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've had several run into the side over the years. But once one jumped out head first into the front drivers side tire. Only ruined the left 1/4. Nothing like a road kill Christmas.

·
Registered
353 Posts
That's why I keep full coverage on my Jeep. Was going to take it off and they told me it would only drop my insurance $12 a month. So I kept it on.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm gonna try to fix it. It was my daily driver. So if anyone in Kentucky or maybe close has some of the parts I might need send me a message. Hood, fenders, radiator, shroud, grill area.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts